Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK - so, I admit I notice the 04-to-05 differences more than I thought I would, and it's just not cost effective for me to try to trade up to an 05 (because KBB is wayy off, and I'm somehow almost upside down even at the new-old-stock deep discount price I paid) - I wonder if we can have a little bit of the nice refinements that are inherent in the new guy.

1. can we get the lighter steering feel of the 05? I feel like I have to lug my 04 wheel around by comparison. Then again, I may be totally nuts.

2. can we also get the lighter gas pedal feel? By this I mean, the 6 liter seems to have just an easier time putting foot power to the road. HP doesn't seem to be the only reason, though, it just feels different to me.

Anyways, I know the SSR is a heavy truck, but I've driven everything, tiny to huge, and never had to manhandle a car like this before, I'm just not used to it. Heh, driving that loaner Impala with its feather-touch steering was, erm, "entertaining" at a couple of quick-decision moments, I'll tell you that.

Man - All told I paid $17k less to get this 04 than the identically-equipped 05 I was looking at, so the money factor was big, but still I feel awful about having all these goofy little complaints about this cool ride.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Man - All told I paid $17k less to get this 04 than the identically-equipped 05 I was looking at, so the money factor was big, but still I feel awful about having all these goofy little complaints about this cool ride.

So then stop complaining! :jester

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,100 Posts
The lighter gas pedal feel is easily achieved on the 04 by changing gearing :)

I'm not kidding. It's the gearing on the 04 that sucks. The 05 feels better because it has enough extra power to compensate, but the 05 would benefit from a gearing change too.

Jim G

1 - 3 of 3 Posts