Premium Member
29,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello there,

Can you grab me an example of this?
Been seeing this on other forums.
Just need to confirm.

Ed
Wish I had taken a screen shot. I'm not seeing them today. Was sponsored ads for Honda or Mazda.
Shoulda just waited. My Win 10 machine is showing them, but not the Win 7 machine. The major difference is that Firefox is a bit out of date on the other machine.

And ironically, one showing here on the help forum too!

Attachments

·
Administrator
1,518 Posts
Hello there,

Seems like this is happening network-wide
We're aware of this and it's escalated.
Will provide info once we get an update on this.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Ed

·
BlueStreak
26,586 Posts
Administrator :
My feeling is that since they are identified as Sponsored by (Vendor name) and are not posts which can be replied to even by those of us who have paid to avoid ads is a violation of the rules and these vendors should be Banned. Unfortunately I do not have that ability.

You might want to check out this thread in our General Discussion Forum to see what our members think.

·
Administrator
1,518 Posts
Hello,

As far as I know, this isn't just happening on this site, but also our other sites.
The techs are looking into this.
No ETA on the fix but will let you know once I get more info.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Ed

·
Slingshot Rules!
61,420 Posts
It's now been over a month of putting up with this -- and now the ads are both Mazda and Honda!

When is this going to be fixed?
Fixed, Kevin?

I have a feeling they are intentional . . . NOT accidental.

You're an expert, just how difficult would it be to merely block these Scumbag Spammers? Besides, how much interest would Honda and Mazda generate on a Chevrolet SSR Forum?

! :surprise: ! :nodno ! :surprise: ! :nodno ! :surprise: !

·
Premium Member
29,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Fixed, Kevin?

I have a feeling they are intentional . . . NOT accidental.

You're an expert, just how difficult would it be to merely block these Scumbag Spammers? Besides, how much interest would Honda and Mazda generate on a Chevrolet SSR Forum?

! :surprise: ! :nodno ! :surprise: ! :nodno ! :surprise: !
Oh, I have no doubt they're intentional either -- by Vertical Scope. It's not scammers or hackers - this is all about ad revenue. But, premium members shouldn't have to see them.

·
Just a Canadian Fanatic!!
39,542 Posts
Oh, I have no doubt they're intentional either -- by Vertical Scope. It's not scammers or hackers - this is all about ad revenue. But, premium members shouldn't have to see them.
Which “version” are you viewing the forum in? I use the “classic” and don’t see what you’ve posted, but I have noticed them when I have logged out and log back in ... it puts me directly on the “full” version. Then I change it to classic and I don’t get those ads!
I just changed to “full” I’m not seeing what you are ..... I’m just thinking out loud!

·
Premium Member
29,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Which “version” are you viewing the forum in? I use the “classic” and don’t see what you’ve posted, but I have noticed them when I have logged out and log back in ... it puts me directly on the “full” version. Then I change it to classic and I don’t get those ads!
I just changed to “full” I’m not seeing what you are ..... I’m just thinking out loud!
I'm using full version (other forums I'm on no longer have classic so I just "standardized" on the same format to keep from going nuts). I use Firefox on both computers, but the Win 10 machine shows the ads, the Win 7 one does not.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
About this Discussion
29 Replies
9 Participants
nj6969
Chevy SSR Forum
Chevy SSR Forum - where SSR fans discuss modifications, wheel & tire tech, performance and so much more!
Full Forum Listing