Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Though a kind of dumb question, whats the likelihood to find the previous owner of my baby? I wouldn't mind reading previous comments, excerpts, questions, etc.

·
Spirited driver!
1,667 Posts
Post the last 5 digits of your VIN and we can look through the archives here.

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,395 Posts
If you run a Carfax it will tell you what state it was registered in and where serviced. That might be a place to start. Then maybe someone in that state might remember the truck and who owned it. Just an idea.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you run a Carfax it will tell you what state it was registered in and where serviced. That might be a place to start. Then maybe someone in that state might remember the truck and who owned it. Just an idea.
I have it but it didn't give me owners name, I just figured at some point he may have been on this forum. No need to really dive into it though. Just a curiosity.

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt
47,308 Posts
I have it but it didn't give me owners name, I just figured at some point he may have been on this forum. No need to really dive into it though. Just a curiosity.
If anyone can find out for you it would be Cash !!!!!!!

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,395 Posts
Carfax doesn't give names but it gives location of where registered and where serviced and usually the garage name, so you would be narrowing down what state it lived in and then maybe someone in that state can give you a name if they recognize the facts. Still best bet is CASH for info. Happy hunting.

·
Slingshot Rules!
75,455 Posts
Though a kind of dumb question, whats the likelihood to find the previous owner of my baby? I wouldn't mind reading previous comments, excerpts, questions, etc.
Just a thought, ChknMnky . . .

Have you tried entering the entire VIN using the Search Feature at the top of the page?

Good Luck.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I did with no results. I’m trying to find my car fax to read over again, maybe there’s a clue lol

Just a thought, ChknMnky . . .

Have you tried entering the entire VIN using the Search Feature at the top of the page?

Good Luck.

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,314 Posts
I got real lucky and met the previous owner of my 04 at a gas station one day. We didn't get much time to talk but I know he lives relatively close by and I might run into him again and be able to talk more about it. He was excited to see it was still local as well.

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,395 Posts
I got lucky on mine as I went through the vehicle with a fine tooth comb and found a insurance paper under the drivers seat wedged in. Called that guy in Ohio and he gave me the name of the lady he bought it from in Michigan and she was on the forum. Contacted her and so on. Fun tracking it all down. Good hunting.

·
Premium Member
2005 aqua blurr
1,763 Posts
Purchased mine out of Tennessee found it on AutoTrader ,when I received the title found the name and an address sent him a letter . He was nice enough to respond and give me a call with the information he had including service done on it
unfortunately didn't have any extra parts.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts