Chevy SSR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,036 Posts
Bud Mitchell and I "cruised" down to Chattanooga this afternoon to take a look at Miss Sharon's 03 Slingshot Yellow SSR with 69,818 miles on it. Very clean, new tires, Chrome Rims, Slingshot Yellow Running Boards and a beautiful, beautiful air brushed Engine Cover and Pinstriped Waterfall. Only 2 Negatives that I could find ... Drivers Side Window does not index, so when you close the door the window stays on the outside of the window groove. Now if you lower the window just a a half inch and raise it back up, it fits right into the window groove which makes it air tight, other wise the window stays on the outside of the moulding. Secondly the face plate is off the so called "coin tray" but it works perfectly. Sharon has the face plate which I told her 2 pieces of 3M double stick tape fixes it perfectly. Ladies and gentlemen, this is one sharp little Slingshot Yellow SSR. Sharon is asking $15,900 but will accept $15,000. She has turned down $14,000. tennesseecozydog

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,016 Posts
Great review Bob. Could not get Bud to buy it ?

·
Premium Member
7,036 Posts
Sharon, not because he is my friend, but my advice is take Bud's offer, bite the bullet and head for the bank. I know you're probably losing some money but a 1,000 dollars gets it in another Zip Code and your 14,000 dollars richer. Also it was a pleasure meeting you and Luke and hope to see you all again ... Soon !!! Bob

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Sharon, not because he is my friend, but my advice is take Bud's offer, bite the bullet and head for the bank. I know you're probably losing some money but a 1,000 dollars gets it in another Zip Code and your 14,000 dollars richer. Also it was a pleasure meeting you and Luke and hope to see you all again ... Soon !!! Bob
I know Bob. It is just that everybody tells me to wait for 15. I dont know what to do.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Yup. Hang on to the $15,900 price. Any SSR in good condition with average miles is worth $16K all day long!!! And based on Bobby's description, I'd bump it up a little.

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,178 Posts
I am sticking firm at 15. I will sell it this Spring I am sure. An extra grand gets me more renovation on my house.
Maybe meet in the middle. Just an Idea.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Bobby, tell Bud to belly up and pay a fair price for a good truck. If he wants to low ball, don't do it to a fellow fanatic.

·
Premium Member
7,036 Posts
Bobby, tell Bud to belly up and pay a fair price for a good truck. If he wants to low ball, don't do it to a fellow fanatic.
What the hell has a fellow fanatic got to do with it. This is a business deal, this is Bud's dog & pony show not yours, so stay out of it !!!

·
Premium Member
2,462 Posts
This is a business deal, this is Bud's dog & pony show not yours, so stay out of it !!!
Am i missing something, if this is how you feel then why did you post this previously?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Yup. Hang on to the $15,900 price. Any SSR in good condition with average miles is worth $16K all day long!!! And based on Bobby's description, I'd bump it up a little.
Thanks!! Bumping it up sounds better than taking 15 all day long!!
Hang in there girl, spring means top down, more attention and more $$$$$.
My husband says I'm not allowed to drive around with my top down because it draws too much attention. LOL!!

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,016 Posts
What the hell has a fellow fanatic got to do with it. This is a business deal, this is Bud's dog & pony show not yours, so stay out of it !!!
Just remember Bob, Sharon owns it and she posted it here. You are the one who started the discussion of value. Negotiations usually take place in person, on the phone , or with PMs and emails. You are the one who started the public discussion.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts