Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
SINISTER PART II
82 Posts
With great reservation and remorse I have decided to sell Sinister for personal reasons. I appreciate everyone who has been following Sinisters journey, It has been time consuming costly and a wonderful experience all in one. I wouldn't do anything differently. Someone is going to get a great car that needs nothing. I have about $50K invested in Sinister but know that I am not going to get close to this number. I am asking $43K OBO. Please call me if you have any questions or would like to make me an offer. I am hoping Sinister goes to one of our members. I am starting here before I go to any other avenues.

Thanks!

703 625 1285

Dino

Sinister 1.jpg Sinister 2.jpg Sinister 3.jpg Sinister 4.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,190 Posts
With great reservation and remorse I have decided to sell Sinister for personal reasons. I appreciate everyone who has been following Sinisters journey, It has been time consuming costly and a wonderful experience all in one. I wouldn't do anything differently. Someone is going to get a great car that needs nothing. I have about $50K invested in Sinister but know that I am not going to get close to this number. I am asking $43K OBO. Please call me if you have any questions or would like to make me an offer. I am hoping Sinister goes to one of our members. I am starting here before I go to any other avenues.

Thanks!

703 625 1285

Dino

Dino,

Late last year, I was in the market myself. One of the "key" items you don't show here, but need to.........is at least some specifics as to what all "mods" you have added to the ride that took up a great deal of that (extra investment).

It didn't take me long when I started looking to recognize that there were several (short comings) with a stock SSR. Many of those problems have been solved by "mods" offered by Simple Engineering and a few other sources.

The one I bought had many of those such changes already made...................You need to articulate just what advances/mods your ride has to make it worth what you are asking.:smile2:

·
SINISTER PART II
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dino,

Late last year, I was in the market myself. One of the "key" items you don't show here, but need to.........is at least some specifics as to what all "mods" you have added to the ride that took up a great deal of that (extra investment).

It didn't take me long when I started looking to recognize that there were several (short comings) with a stock SSR. Many of those problems have been solved by "mods" offered by Simple Engineering and a few other sources.

The one I bought had many of those such changes already made...................You need to articulate just what advances/mods your ride has to make it worth what you are asking.:smile2:
Good point!

There are so many to list. I am sure that I am going to miss one but here is a start;

Car was stripped down to primer and all areas were evened out. Car was painted twice since I did not like the first paint that was used. It was very hard to clean and had a slight texture. The second paint was Hot Rod Black. Very east to clean and looks great!

Front of car was very low when I got it and had been rubbing so the shop cut a few inches which made all the difference in the world.

We had the wheels painted gloss black and kept the out lips chrome along with the spinners which gave the car the appearance that it was floating

We put new rotors and pads on the car

We put new tires on the car.

Extended the valve stems for easy access

Customized the exhaust by running the exhaust through the fenders and out the rear of the body

Added 2 cats on the car to help quiet the car down a bit and get rid of the fumes and that raunchy smell

Had custom car mats made

Added billet foot pedals

repaired roof mechanism as it was not retracting properly when I got the car

Changed out the door handles with vintage chrome truck door handles as the mechanisms were broken. This required body work and an extensive amount of work to make sure that everything worked properly

We replaced the side mirrors with vintage chrome side mirrors to replace the ones that were on the car

We added vintage chrome chevy truck emblems on the front of the truck

We added blinkers on the inside of the grill

We added vintage side markers on the side of the car from a 1950's airstream

We added vintage chrome back up lights on the rear of the car.

We removed the emblem that was on the back of the car and added the chevy vintage chrome chevy emblem

We added a Hurst shifter on the car and a vintage So Cal shift knob on the car

We added new shocks on the car

We painted the inside of the car and had to restore both door panels and handles as they were not operating properly

We changed all of the fluids

We removed the hood scoop and painted and reinstalled the hood scoop.

We added emblems on the inside of the car

I am sure that there are a few items that I missed but you can get an idea of what was invested in the car. Hope this helps!

·
SINISTER PART II
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's a beauty - good luck with the sale - if I win the lottery, I'll be in touch

Thanks for your support. Like I said I hope that Sin can go to one of our members. There are several finance options that can keep payments down ie. Woodside Credit will lend up to 10 years at a very good rate. There are also other credit unions that are offering great finance terms like Penfed. I am open to offers. It is important to me that Sinister goes to a good home. With that said I want to lower my asking price to $39K to make it more affordable for an SSR Fanatic to buy Sinister. It really isn't about the money as much as it is for Sinister to be enjoyed and driven on cruises and long enjoyable trips with friends. I simply don't have the time to enjoy the car like it should be enjoyed.

·
SINISTER PART II
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would like to know what year it is, whether it’s an auto or 6 speed and the mileage?
Thanks for your interest!! Lonnie knows the car extremely well as you know. The car has 33K miles on her. I am more than happy to answer any other questions. The car is garaged kept in a climate controlled garage and I have never smoked in the car since I have owned it. I have babied the car and literally go in the garage and look at Sinister every day. I assure you that there will be no disappointments. Sinister drives great and sounds great!!! Everything works as it should. I am more than happy to take any additional photos or video of the car.

Thanks!

Dino

·
SINISTER PART II
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
One of my friends that works for First Trade Registry is going to be listing Sinister next week on eBay and several other sites to get the exposure it deserves. Please let me know if you have an interest in purchasing now as the asking price will probably start at $49K. I really would prefer a forum member buy Sinister to keep it in the family.

·
Ret. Air Force
3,720 Posts
Crap!!! Tina just spent her last $45K on her new BMW...damn the timing!! :deal:

She is BEAUTIFUL and SEXY as hell!!!...Sinister that is!! :black:
(Tina is too, but I didn't want to hijack the thread, just wanted to give it a quick bump for you). :cheer:

Best of luck with the sale...shouldn't take long for one of our members to trade up!!!
:banana

·
Registered
44 Posts
Price reduced to $36K!!!
do not wish to get under your skin or break any rules here and I do not own a SSR but looked for a year with hopes to buy one

if you have reduced the price to members here to 36 which I think is low why would you ever start at 49 on other sites

buy starting that high are you going to have folks not come back to the table to buy?

just asksaw night and trying to help

Cement Bench. Jeff

·
SINISTER PART II
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
do not wish to get under your skin or break any rules here and I do not own a SSR but looked for a year with hopes to buy one

if you have reduced the price to members here to 36 which I think is low why would you ever start at 49 on other sites

buy starting that high are you going to have folks not come back to the table to buy?

just asksaw night and trying to help

Cement Bench. Jeff

Jeff

Good question.

Although the SSR forum is mostly made up of SSR Fanatics, it is a limited audience verses a world audience where many have no idea what an SSR is. There is also a small niche of folks that love the idea of an old school Hot Rod but want the technology of heated seats, ABS brakes etc. You get my point. I am now appealing to a greater audience through Ebay, Cars.com, Carsonline.com, auto trader....and the lists goes on. Also if nobody jumps on this opportunity through the forum why wouldn't I want to make more than $36K. Someone will pay more that $36K as long as I am patient which I am. I just thought it would be nice to go to a forum member hence the price of $36K. And yes you are right this is a low price. Like I said, I am giving it until Monday and then I am having someone list the car in all these areas I mentioned. I will also be paying this person a commission. Any one that buys it now is getting a deal because there is only "1" Sinister. Once Sinister is gone good luck finding another one at $36K. Knowing the work and hours Lonnie put into Sin and the money that I spent for the mods that I did it would easily cost $50K to duplicate the car.

·
SINISTER PART II
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Going to list Sinister for sale on eBay today at NO RESERVE!!

Someone is going to end up buying a great SSR at a great price I am sure.

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,042 Posts
No Reserve big mistake. Someone will wait and lowball you last minute and it is gone. Should have a lowest price you could live with. Just a suggestion.

·
SINISTER PART II
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wish me luck!!! Sinister is listed on EBAY at NO RESERVE. Hope that a forum member or one of their friends ends up with Sin.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts