Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok folks, I just got back from two days at the SEMA show. Saw a lot of really cool stuff but didn't find much in SSR parafanailia! That show is huge and there are so many vendor/mfg's., it is impossible to talk to them all... I was primarily looking for chrome grille slats, superchargers (found Magnason), side pipes, a rear view mirror with home link-temp-compass & map light. (Found one) And any performance enhancing stuff..... (Didn't find much)

I did happen to see the black SSR with the great flame job with black side pipes...(They didn't know who did the flame job as it was a borrowed car...) This was the one sitting right beside the car with the world's most expensive wheels... Something like $260,000.00 for the four of em!! Jez!

Also, saw the black SSR in the parking lot with the great mammory flame job!!! This guy had a bundle tied up in bringing the engine to 450HP (Turbo).... Headers, 3" dual cats all the way back and a $10K flame job! Absolutely gorgeous even though my wife would not allow me to drive around with a flame job that focus' upon two of women's attributes!!! But the overall job was unbelievable... :angel

So, how about all you SEMA attendee's jump on this thread and confess what SSR related goodies you ferroted out at the show? (Did you ever see so many Chrysler 300C and Bently's in one place in your life?)

·
Registered
421 Posts
What's the name and part number on the rear view mirror? Where can I get one?

·
Premium Member
9,216 Posts
SEMA photos

I took a pretty good number of pictures - I'll try to organize them and TRY to figure out how to post them - also lots of shots of Magnums. Show is insanely big - been walking non stop for 2 days, and still a hall plus to go through.

I finally broke down and paid for internet access - $290 a night for a room, and they still want $11 for the internet :banghead

More on SEMA later - heading out for food and Celine Dion

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
I just returned from SEMA. Left at 10am and returned at 1am.
My first. Amazing!!!! Its soooo big you can get lost there. I only had time to view little bit because I took my 12 yr. old son but he wasn't allowed in so ...
Lots of interesting stuff. Speed channel was there recording .

Saw two ssrs but nothing amazing. one red with flame job,chrome bars, and custom opened cargo cover. Other, orange/white. both had wood paneled cargo floors with metal tacked strips.

I passed by one yellow SSR about 4 pm was that Flassh or Rainwater?

There were lots of gorgeous custom cars and trucks with incredible paint jobs but my son and I both agreed that SSR (stock with may be just a paint job)would have attracted just as much attention.

Got lots of attention while stuck in traffic getting out of the parking lot and at the main L. V. Strip.

Might go back if time allows this weekend.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I am at SEMA now.
I have pictures to upload when I get home and will do so then.
For the mirror I have good info, I will post later and compare to an earlier thread.
I learned something about our 03 and 04 radios that they are XM radio and there is a converter box that will load the XM info into the radio (the antenna is still a problem) more about this later.
I don't think I will post again until sunday
hope to find more goodies
Later
Tom

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I took a couple of flicks..... Will download them in a day or two and if you give me your email address I will just email them to you... I have not figured out how to post photo's on this site yet!

Steve

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey SaharaJohn:

I didn't see any SSR's around town and only about 3 at the show... Too bad, thought there would be more.... Maybe I was there too early in the show....

Wasn't me in the slingshot as I didn't bring mine down.... I flew over from Palm Springs and cabed it!

Great show.... Man there was more crap for the Rice Rockets than I have ever seen!

Steve

·
Premium Member
9,216 Posts
SEMA photos

Hope this works - still one hall to go, so perhaps more SSRs to be found. More details later.

Ray

·
Premium Member
9,216 Posts
More SEMA

Second group

·
Premium Member
9,216 Posts
More SEMA

Third Group

·
Premium Member
9,216 Posts
More SEMA

Last group for now - should be at least two more SSRs hiding out there, based on prior information.

More later - probably won't post again for a couple of days. Time is short, lots to do.

Ray

·
Registered
186 Posts
XM Radio DVD MP3 CD Chg whatever you want

:seeya undefinedundefinedundefined
SSRcobra said:
I am at SEMA now.
I have pictures to upload when I get home and will do so then.
For the mirror I have good info, I will post later and compare to an earlier thread.
I learned something about our 03 and 04 radios that they are XM radio and there is a converter box that will load the XM info into the radio (the antenna is still a problem) more about this later.
I don't think I will post again until sunday
hope to find more goodies
Later
Tom
Hi i live in CA but was in a stero shop a few days ago they have been doing miracles with the SSR they have a keyless remote starts engine stops alarm opens and closes top auto without being in car they showed me pics of this stereo set up in Dash with DVD MP3 CD Chg whatever you want as far as music and XM cost a few bucks but yes its all out here now for those of you who want music and more music.Iam not connected with these people but they said they have figured out the wiring takes a day for install now where at first took day an half there PH# 925-828-7200 ULTIMATE Car Toys but they can do anything and everything just trying to be of help.Doug

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Looks like the work of Mike Lavelee on that black one. He is awesome!!!$$$$$$. Thanks for sharing guys! I'm "Lovin It".

·
Registered
180 Posts
Black Flames and flat Black side pipes

Check out post (Side Pipes) for more info and the name of the artist that painted her. Info on the side pipe install is also there. I was in the shop while they worked on the side pipes

·
Registered
322 Posts
SEMA SSR locations

TracTech #22643, American Racing 40509 ? Eaton's Booth Has Magnusons SSR...
We were looking for all of them, found a bunch. We just returned back home ourselves, what an overwhelming turnout this year! All of the SSRs were amazing!

It takes miles of walking to see it all, you need all 4 days! We were in on Sunday night and saw a great portion of everything before the crowds. Even with a few days to roam around before opening day, we feel we may have missed something!

We will post new photos as soon as we can! It was great to hear you all came ! Looking forward to hearing about everyone's adventures and what they thought of the show!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts