Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Las Vegas Mob
1,371 Posts
I believe this is the same car (although with a slightly different grille treatment) at the GM Heritage center. The prototype was called the "SS" and was a SHARP looking ride!

Blast :purple:

Attachments

Reactions: REBEL and Marc NY

·
Premium Member
9,316 Posts
That SS was the nicest looking 4 door hardtop I've ever seen. Would have been one heck of a production car.

Attachments

Reactions: REBEL and Marc NY

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Yup what they said. A prototype of a new SS But it never turned out that way I love my Impala SS I would have jumped on that if thy built it and kept the price realistic

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,395 Posts
Looked really nice but the back seat looks useless. My $.02.

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
2,447 Posts
I don't see a B pillar. What is the back door hanging on? Somehow I don't think that would pass side impact crash test!

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Pu

Saw the proto type red Pu at Okc fair!! It caught our eye Love our 04 yellow R Getting ready to take it to house in Okc for good..One less thing to move. Don,t lack much other than clothes and few pic,s House is kinda bare here in Dodge City,Ks.

·
Premium Member
9,316 Posts
I don't see a B pillar. What is the back door hanging on? Somehow I don't think that would pass side impact crash test!
All the doors on 4 dr hardtops in the early to mid 60s were hung from a mid height center pillar. Can't tell you if new impact laws could be met or not, but they sure looked good.

A 1960 Chev Impala 4 dr hardtop with the extended roofline was one cool car.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts