Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The September SSR of the Month contest is live. Please read carefully below.

THIS MONTH'S THEME: Your SSR and a historical landmark (in your town, nearby city, etc). Thanks to @Dicktator for this month's theme.
  • The last week of each month, a poll will be added to the thread with all the entries and you will have 7 days (or 5, depending on how quick I am to get the poll up and how well the thread is moving) to cast your vote.
  • You must own the submitted ride.
  • I would strongly suggest submitting pics with no people in it (dogs are fine) or at the least, crop them out of it.
  • Feel free to give a little backstory on your ride. Whether that be the modifications it has, how you came to own it, or just a fun story. Don't be afraid to share your ride's story.
  • If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second car that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.
The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom ROTM badge on their profile. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.

Winners will be featured on the sites gallery, found here.

Congrats to August's SSR of the Month winner, @Dicktator!

Sky Land vehicle Tire Car Vehicle

·
Premium Member
7,746 Posts
September is a special month for the TOY and I. I adopted it on my birthday Sept 27 2015 with 20,000 miles on it. The lovely bride and I were at a dealership in Alabama looking at a Pontiac Solstice. After deciding I could hardly get in and out of it I said no. There was a Red SSR sitting in the back lot and I ask if it was for sale. It was the dealer's wife's truck and they said it might be for sale. The only thing I knew about a SSR was it is also a convertible. After driving it, doing some negotiating I headed home to Tennessee. On the way home it started to rain I noticed that the windshield wipers were streaking, I stopped and got new blades and I went to take them all the nozzles broke. Pulled into a rest area and hit the concrete bumper and cracked the spoiler on the front. Got home and went to open the driver's door and it wouldn't open the handle was broke. I opened that door a dozen times at the dealership and on the way home. I thought what the H did I buy. Now 6 years later and 78500 on the odometer. To many upgrades, performance and handling improvements, bling items to list and a few "WHY ME's" not to mention all the other owners we have met I have a constant PERMAGRIN. 1st picture is of the Eternal Light Peace Tower in Gettysburg 2nd is Facing Mt Rushmore.
Tire Wheel Car Sky Vehicle
Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Plant
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Sky
Plant Sky Cloud Tire Vehicle
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Car seat cover

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,731 Posts
Hmmm....

@mike tadlock. WELCOME to the site but your info is a bit "skimpy". Tell us some more about you and your R. Some pictures would help as well. GOOD LUCK!!

Attachments

·
Registered
06 Smokin Asphalt, 05 Redline
17 Posts
We adopted our red beauty in Tyler, Texas on September 1, 2021. She was presented for adoption for the 2005 season with an automatic transmission. We don’t know much about her first family but she was readopted in 2009 and her new family has lovingly taken care of her for over 11 years. She has had many improvements and several modifications that makes her appearance unique and a little flashy. She has chrome spot lights, a louvered hood and some very cool ’59 caddy tail lights. Red beauty’s bling door sill plates are from a Slingshot Yellow movie star that spun a 180 after coming off a transport truck. She is very pleased with these additions. She is also less wiggly with all of her additional stiffing plates and has been lowered a couple of inches to make sure she hugs the road.
Beauty was very good when we loaded her on the trailer in Texas but she received a little boo boo on her bumper from the trailer tire that blew in Arkansas on the way to her new home.
She had a very exciting road trip. She stopped and visited Little Rock, Arkansas, Nashville & Memphis, TN and Brandenburg, KY on the Ohio River where she visited the World War II LST 325 Ship .
Red beauty arrived home in Maineville, Ohio on September 4th, 2021 to meet her baby brother and they both reside in side by side stalls.
We think she will be happy in Ohio. It's not as hot in Ohio as Texas but we think she will adapt and not get too cold. Texas struggled through below freezing temperatures last year and she came through with flying colors.
She has been very fortunate to have met and played with a 100 new friends at Eastgate mall and the Kentucky speedway. She is looking forward to an active life. We believe she likes the attention and will probably beg to do some more traveling and maybe some Cruise-Ins. She does like to preen and shine and the only way to show off her good looks is to be out and about to be seen.

Attached are some of red beauty's journey.
1-Tyler Texas, circa 1846
2-Last traveling LST (landing ship, tank) WWII LST 325(circa 1943) in port at Brandenburg, Ky.
3-Peter's cartridge company circa 1916.
4-Dayton air museum
5-Golden lamb Hotel and Restaurant circa 1803
6-Shell station @ Cherry St.
7-Kentucky Speedway
8-Chateau Laroche Castle circa 1920
9-Lovely Maineville, Ohio circa 1850
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Vehicle cover Wheel Tire Cloud Sky
Wheel Tire Building Window Vehicle
Wheel Cloud Tire Sky Land vehicle
Tire Wheel Car Building Vehicle