Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the story. Mid November we ordered $3045.00 worth of parts from a vendor for a car we are restoring. We were told at that point there would be a 5-6 week delay on a couple hoses but the majority of the order was in stock and ready to ship. He expected directly after Christmas holiday he would get the hoses from his vendor. We explained to the guy we were on a time table and the parts that were on back order were vital as the car could not be run until we got the hose kit. All agreed on the 5-6 week delay and we paid for the parts on 11-25-19. We received most of the order, a couple that were NOT back ordered did not come as well. We called and left a message of what we did not get because no one answered the phone. SO through out the 6 weeks of waiting we didn't bother the man. When the 6 weeks hit we waited a couple days and called to find out details, no answer so we left a nice message asking to PLEASE communicate with us. (I'll make this as short as possible) through the next 5 weeks we left messages to please communicate, IF you need more time just tell us and we are fine ,many phone messages were left, emails sent, texts sent and NO REPLY. SO we called him one last time and told him he shorted us $504.50 worth of parts and we didn't know what to do as he has told us nothing. He did however message our son the mechanic working on the car that he just got back from Hawaii and found our 2 boxes in the loading dock but no one knew what to do with them so they never shipped. He said he put them in the mail then. Our son asked for tracking number and heard nothing and no parts came. At 11 weeks we called the credit card company asking what to do. They suggested we dispute the $504. of missing parts to protect us. That's what we did. About 3 days later our son got a box of parts that were over night shipped. All except 1 vital hose came. He messaged the guy and told him the hose was missing. 2 days later he got that hose by overnight. Directly after that we cancelled the dispute and he got all of his money. NOW this guy texted our son telling him he is in receipt of $3000 of "stolen components" This guy has called and texted people in the DeLorean community telling them we are thieves because we stole $3000 worth of parts from him and publicly state we did. He called a friend of ours in another state and told him the same story and that he "gave us plenty of time to do right so now his attorney's are handling it". He has also texted people that he contacted all the DMC vendors to tell them to stop selling to us. He blackballed our son and us from buying from him again. He is slandering our reputation and is guilty of defamation of character.
SO my question is this, WHAT WOULD YOU DO WITH THIS IF IT HAPPENED TO YOU???????

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
I would first make sure that the dispute with the credit card company did get dropped and not fulfilled by the credit card company not known by you. I would ask them to send you proof he got paid. I would explain to them that he is now talking law suits and legal claims against you and your son. This would be the first step. After I had my proof I would send him a copy of it to prove your side of it to him and ask him to contact you to resolve the problem and that he needs to retract all the false claims he is making before it does go to court.

Sorry to hear about the problems but he has a big hand in why things went south by not communicating with you. And I know you are easy enough to talk to.

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would first make sure that the dispute with the credit card company did get dropped and not fulfilled by the credit card company not known by you. I would ask them to send you proof he got paid. I would explain to them that he is now talking law suits and legal claims against you and your son. This would be the first step. After I had my proof I would send him a copy of it to prove your side of it to him and ask him to contact you to resolve the problem and that he needs to retract all the false claims he is making before it does go to court.

Sorry to hear about the problems but he has a big hand in why things went south by not communicating with you. And I know you are easy enough to talk to.
We do have the paperwork proof that he has all his money. The C.C. company we have is really a good one work with.

·
BLU SSR
2,420 Posts
You have been more than patient with him and his assault on your reputation without warning is tantamount to a declaration of "war". You can try one more time to resolve this with him directly, but the next thing he would hear from me would be a letter from my attorney!

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
I am not a person to get a lawyer involved in things but this maybe one time that it would be a good idea to talk to one. With him slandering you it could have lasting harm for you and your son and be worth it to get it resolved before it gets anymore out of hand. Good Luck

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sue him for libel. If this is a company of yours then the suit would be for interference with your business.

Of course, that is what every attorney would say.
Not a business for me at all I am retired. My wife just wanted to restore this DMC because our son was the 2nd owner. She is the 4th, he will be the 5th eventually.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
The thing is if the vendor is posting it on the internet it can be out there for ever and cause problems your son and you.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Sounds to me as though he has interferred with your abiltiy to conduct your business, and personally slandered you and your son. Make an appointment with an excellent civil atty. asap. As for further outreach, based on what you say, this action was initiated by the second party, therefore, I would cease any further dialogue with this individual and let your atty. handle with a
cease and disist order. Is the second party in the same state as you and your son? Good luck, you may have an excellent civil case if you care to pursue.

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This person is in another state from us. And we stopped attempting contact weeks ago as we got our parts and he got his money so we had no idea he was posting bad stuff on us until our friend in another state told us. We honestly have no idea why he is doing what he is.
My wife has looked into his business practices after this all started, and his reputation isn't great. He was taken to court a few years back for charging a customer $13,000 to fix their car and never did the work, took parts off the car and refused to give them back to the owner. BBB has bad reports on him too. So I guess it follows his pattern.

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I also need to say that this bad parts vendor is NOT, I repeat is NOT associated with DeLorean Motor Company in any way.
DeLorean Motor Company is great to deal with especially the Midwest facility. We LOVE dealing with them!

·
Premium Member
30,552 Posts
Since you have proof that he received his funds, I'd draft up a cease and desist letter (run by a lawyer to make sure it's iron tight) and send it to him registered mail (so he has to sign for it). I'd also make sure it's worded to require him to remove any defamatory remarks he's posted. Should he continue after that - then it's law suit time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts