Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Baby had her first service today at the dealership in Bowling Green....... and I was supprised when I said to the service Mgr. "You will use Mobil 1 won't you?" And he said "not unless you tell us to."....I said the oil cap says to use Mobil1 5w30and he said he didn't know anything about it.........hummmmmmmmmmmmmm........So I showed him and I ask how many SSRs they had serviced there........A funny look from him and no answer.......the cost for a straight service was $78.91..........Hows that sound to you people???????Oh well another eventful day at the dealership..... :leaving How much do you pay??????? :seeya And yes I did use synthetic :)

·
Enjoying life as it comes
5,202 Posts
Service

My first oil change w/ mobil 1 was free. The rest of them have been $32.00 each.

Included oil, filter, check all fluids, and air in tires. Come spring it'll be time for a trans fluid change also.

·
Registered
480 Posts
:seeya Whitewolf,
Your cost sounds about right. As you've learned, leave nothing to chance. Don't assume anything. Make sure you tell them what to do and what to use. That way you'll have no surprises. Yesterday I took my 05 in. 5 things were done. The driveshaft was replaced, the gauges were replaced, the insulator pad in the cargo area was replaced, the r side vanity mirror was replaced because the lights never worked and they put dyna mat in both doors for the vibrations. I purchased the dyna mat and they installed it. The jobs were done perfectly except for one thing. The swift mechanic who worked on the truck forgot his big screwdriver/pryer in the storage area where the top goes. While still at the dealer, I got in the truck and put the top down. I heard a grinding, clunk noise. I put the top back down and found the screwdriver on the cargo floor. The service adviser asked me to put the top back up and he spotted some small, deep scratches on the drivers side of the convertible top. He was beside himself since I had just given him $10 for taking care of me and getting me a rental for the day. They have a great paint shop there so we have an appointment on Wednesday to get part of the top painted. I hope they are familioar with the Aqua Blur color and its light changing properties. The service did not cost me a dime. I Got three free oil changes and filters from the dealer in the past and two from GM when I had some complaints about their extended warranty purchasing procedures. So, I have 4 free ones left. Other then the dummy leaving his screwdriver in the convertible storage area, everything went well. By the way, I bought the big box of dyna mat to do two full doors. The sound now out of my system is awesome. Not only are the vibrations gone but the whole bose system sounds much better. No boominess, just crisp, clear sound no matter how high you crank it. The cost of the dyna mat was $47 and the results are outstanding. That stuff really works. Problem solved. The dealer had no solution for this problem but I did because of all the good info from this site. The service manager had to call GM and they agreed to install it free if I bought the dyna mat. It seemed fair to me. Thank you guys and gals for all of your useful information. It's nice to go into the dealer and in a pleasant way tell them what has to be done and give them solutions for problems. They really appreciate the help and the $10 tip to the service adviser goes a long way too. I had the oil changed for the first time three weeks ago and gave him a $10 tip then too. He almost fell off of his chair and when I called this time for the 5 things that nedded to be taken care of, he know exactly who I was and I got the magic carpet treatment. Money trully does talk.

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
Hmm my first OIL change was free as well. Can't remember what the second one was, getting kind of hard to even remember having an SSR in the garage.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Hey Fuzzy,

Are you sure they used Mobil 1 for your oil change? $32 sounds to cheap for a synthetic oil and filter change. Check Whitewolf's comments in this thread. Maybe they did, but IIIIII don't know.

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,146 Posts
I was told by another member on this site that he takes the return address from the envelope he gets with the service survey and gives that to the dealer. His oil change has been free. He says that Chevy wants the surveys filled out and reimburses the dealer for the oil change.

I won't mention his name but if the member wants to chime in and clarify this I think we would all appreciate it. I haven't tried or even asked my dealer yet. Haven't had survey and oil change near same times.

·
Jeff & Terri
1,120 Posts
I have been told that they have stopped doing that as of Oct 1. GM was complaining that the dealers were soliciting for better surveys.

·
Premium Member
2,320 Posts
Service Surveys

dingbat said:
I was told by another member on this site that he takes the return address from the envelope he gets with the service survey and gives that to the dealer. His oil change has been free. He says that Chevy wants the surveys filled out and reimburses the dealer for the oil change.

I won't mention his name but if the member wants to chime in and clarify this I think we would all appreciate it. I haven't tried or even asked my dealer yet. Haven't had survey and oil change near same times.
After my oil change service, I was asked to fill out the GM Survey as a courtesy to the dealership, and give them the highest rates, on the survey, and they gave me a $25 gift card for Outback, and a Free Auto Detail, at my convienence.

I

·
0 Posts
i have free lifetime oil changes with my chevy. this dealership is well known in WA for its free lifetime oil changes with any chevy/gm vehicle u buy...used or new!

parkland chevrolet (parkland, wa)

·
Registered
178 Posts
JeffDBFl said:
I have been told that they have stopped doing that as of Oct 1. GM was complaining that the dealers were soliciting for better surveys.

I for one can attest that this has been the case when I brought my vehicle in for service at the purchasing dealership as well as when I made the original purchase. However, this did not prevent me from giving them a bad rating if I felt that it was deserved. :nono

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
I worked for 10 years as a service salesman and never once got a tip let alone $10 bucks. So I guess times have changed. When I take my SSR in for service which is rare, I don't expect to bribe employees to do there job.

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,780 Posts
shortchanged???....

My oil changes w/Mobil1 along with the filter and lube run $63. The oil itself is $43. Thought that was OK.

This survey thing.......I've received three after having service completed. Have only completed 1 and returned it. Along the time I was jousting with them about the broken antenna in the windshield, I merely through them away. I told them so as well as telling them I would not do it any more. Fortunately they got approval to replace the w/s. That was when the final survey was completed to the dealerships liking. The service advisor and Service Mgr get bonus' from "completely satisfied" returned surveys.

I have had the Service Mgr send me the survey to my email address to fill out. I believe it's unethical, as I trash them in response.

Question #16 is the bigee......"Were you completely satisfied with the service" Remember that question # when talking to the dealership, and watch them squirm.

P/P

Peace :flag

·
Registered
65 Posts
Service Costs........

First oil change Mobil 1 w/filter at dealer = $ 71.00.

At my dealership if you bring the survey form back and let them complete it, you get your choise of a free oil change or free tank of gas.

With todays gas prices, both options are about the same value.

Paul

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It will be interesting

The General Mgr of the dealership is to call me today........That will be interesting.......It was also interesting to see that even the high dollar areas such as Boco, in Fl. were still cheaper than Bowling Green, Ky..........I think some of these Kentucky Ridge Runners, been nippin the corn squezzins a bit to much......OOOOPS I forgot this is Corvette City....... :lol

·
Registered
480 Posts
:nono Scheide,

Get real. It is not a bribe just a thank you in advance for going above and beyond. You sound like your're a novice. I guess when you go out, you always get the tables near the kitchen and the seats in the back row at the theater. Try some grease sometime. You'll look like a hero to the Mrs. or girlfriend.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts