Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my SSR in for its yearly service. This was more involved than usual as I was replacing a damaged wheel and decided to replace the battery since it still had the one that came with it when I bought it. I live somewhat remote and the local dealer is the only good place for service. They are pretty good and have always respected my car. When I handed the service manager my key, I asked if he knew how to open the back. He said he knew SSR's pretty well and said with the fob or in the glove box. I went to tell him where the battery was and he knew it was under the rear of the truck. Everything was done to my satisfaction. As I was leaving I was checking out a white C8. Told the service manager it was a beautiful car, but my days of climbing in and out of a Corvette were behind me. He said that even he had trouble and was much younger than me. Then he said that as far as he was concerned I had a much more special vehicle anyway. If he had the choice, he would take mine.

·
Registered
2006 Aqua Blur, auto
96 Posts
Had my SSR in for its yearly service. This was more involved than usual as I was replacing a damaged wheel and decided to replace the battery since it still had the one that came with it when I bought it. I live somewhat remote and the local dealer is the only good place for service. They are pretty good and have always respected my car. When I handed the service manager my key, I asked if he knew how to open the back. He said he knew SSR's pretty well and said with the fob or in the glove box. I went to tell him where the battery was and he knew it was under the rear of the truck. Everything was done to my satisfaction. As I was leaving I was checking out a white C8. Told the service manager it was a beautiful car, but my days of climbing in and out of a Corvette were behind me. He said that even he had trouble and was much younger than me. Then he said that as far as he was concerned I had a much more special vehicle anyway. If he had the choice, he would take mine.
That's for sure! When the carrier delivered mine, the driver had to pull a red Corvette off to unload my truck. He said he would take my truck any day over the 'vette. He said just backing them off the truck he could feel that mine was much more comfortable and better driving.

Btw, like the color!

·
189 the LAST blur
255 Posts
That's for sure! When the carrier delivered mine, the driver had to pull a red Corvette off to unload my truck. He said he would take my truck any day over the 'vette. He said just backing them off the truck he could feel that mine was much more comfortable and better driving.

Btw, like the color!
Yup, gorgeous color. When I seen 1, I sold my Ricohet to search for one. 😊

1 - 5 of 5 Posts