Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok a couple questions on the service manuals. First what all is covered in them? I am one of those people who will tackle anything so will it pretty much cover everything?

Second I see them listed for the 03,04 and they are usually part 1 and 2 of 1 and manual 2 while the 05,06 are simply 2 manuals. I have an 04 will the 05,06 manual have the same stuff with the exception of engine information being for the 6.0 rather then the 5.3?

And I have seen CDs listed do they have all the info from the paper manuals?

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,898 Posts
Ok a couple questions on the service manuals. First what all is covered in them? I am one of those people who will tackle anything so will it pretty much cover everything?

Second I see them listed for the 03,04 and they are usually part 1 and 2 of 1 and manual 2 while the 05,06 are simply 2 manuals. I have an 04 will the 05,06 manual have the same stuff with the exception of engine information being for the 6.0 rather then the 5.3?

Someone on this site is selling thumb drives with everything on them. We also have a Library that tells all of what can go wrong and how to fix it even with pictures on PDF format. Better then manuals. I am not very computer savvy so maybe they will chime in and tell you how to locate it all. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
9,296 Posts

Order Dinerman's Ultimate Drive

The Ultimate Drive.... - Chevy SSR Forum

It has all of Dicktator's library, and the complete 03-04, and 05-06 service manuals. Nice to be able to take them with you on the road - much more compact than two big books with 3000 pages that are really expensive.

C

·
0 Posts
Someone on this site is selling thumb drives with everything on them. We also have a Library that tells all of what can go wrong and how to fix it even with pictures on PDF format. Better then manuals. I am not very computer savvy so maybe they will chime in and tell you how to locate it all. Good luck.
With all do respect if you worked with printed manuals and the PDF version you should know that the book is much better to use.
Main thing about the book is - you can look at two or more different pages at same time - basically flip back and forth between them, while PDF is culbersome to use you have to scroll.
Also the book is easy to manage if you are, say, laying under the SSR. PDF means you need a laptop.
There is nothng like a good'ol paper IMO.
As far as the information itself goes, the shop manual that is used by GM service centers contains everything there is to guide a mechanic and fix anything.
Beware of Mitchels and other $15 books sold by Autozone. They are superficial.
The "Bible" may cost around $100.
Thirdly there are more differences between 03-04 and 05-06 than just the engine size.
The transmissions are different so are rear ends.
PCMs are tuned differently, i"m sure there are other differences.
George
ZZR

1 - 5 of 5 Posts