Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get educated on the SSR. I know there are some components that are shared with other models (engine, rear view mirrors and license/back-up light module from the Corvette, Heat/AC controls from Saturn - kind of)
Are there any other parts that this "Frankenstein" shares? (Brakes? suspension?)
Thanks
Ron :confused :confused :confused

·
Registered
357 Posts
ssr certainly shares the turn signal/cruise control setup with probabloy every GM vehicle that has cruise. Just like my 1983 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser!

·
Registered
192 Posts
I don't own an SSR (I came here on invite from the owner of the sister Corvette Forum), but feel I know the car well and now understand why. My wife owns a Trailblazer and I own a Vette... and apparently the SSR is morph of the two. :lol

·
Premium Member
31,653 Posts
Subdriver said:
My wife owns a Trailblazer and I own a Vette... and apparently the SSR is morph of the two. :lol
It's a Trailvette BlaSSR!:jester

Freezer's probably the best source for this question. The only things I know of were already covered.

What I'd like to know is whether the clutch/pressure plate were shared on another vehicle - perhaps the CTS-V? One of these days I'll need a new clutch, and I'd like the idea that there's a higher-quality aftermarket unit out there I could use.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
L M A O

:lol :lol :lol :lol :agree :lol :lol :glol :glol
ssr71 said:
It's a Trailvette BlaSSR!:jester

Freezer's probably the best source for this question. The only things I know of were already covered.

What I'd like to know is whether the clutch/pressure plate were shared on another vehicle - perhaps the CTS-V? One of these days I'll need a new clutch, and I'd like the idea that there's a higher-quality aftermarket unit out there I could use.

·
Registered
61 Posts
ssr71 said:
I believe the clutch assembly is the same as the Corvette. So, there are options for better clutches out there, like the new C6 ZO6 clutch and the "aussie" clutch from Textralia to name a couple....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts