Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here shaved their door handles?

I was wondering how to make it work since the window needs to roll down before the door get's popped open by an actuator....

How hard was this to actually do if you have done it?

Any advice on this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ron

·
Registered
347 Posts
Ron,
I did mine, it's not that hard, I made the sheet metal parts to fill in the holes left buy the handles then had a body shop make it staight. Autoloc.com is the kit I used. My suggestions are remove your latches and weld up the door locks so it can't be manually locked, put in external buttons to open in case you close the door with your keys in the truck.And give your wife the spare remote! I used the 6 function remote so I can open the back and the top. Install door poppers from same co. I like the look, to me it really cleans up the sides. Good Luck!
Ken

·
Registered
58 Posts
Autoloc

Ken,
Are you able to use the Autoloc remote for the factory alarm as well as popping the doors?
Bill Brooks

·
Registered
347 Posts
Yes I believe so. I didn't use it for that on mine. It is interesting that if you do shave your door hamdles it is very dificult to break into because you eliminate the manual locks. Other than breaking your window its pretty secure. Sticking that slide thing down between your window and rubber seal doesn't work because the release cable runs straight down the door then turns a right angle along the bottom of the door to the selenoid. I hope that makes sense.
Ken

1 - 4 of 4 Posts