Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
xs-cash
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sold the ssr ! 11 yrs , over 10 yrs on the site , met so many people, been to a few runs in the states , the biggest was in 11 at flagstaff !! Was a lotta fun , I will still be on the site , mayb I will win the #14 sig !!!

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
It's starting to not surprise me when those who I mistakenly think are die-hards up and sell their well-loved trucks out of the blue...Art, turnheadz, Focks, Doug Allen, waysouth6speed, etc...everyone knows what I mean.

At first it was a shock, but it gradually became less-so. Now, it seems pretty commonplace. Besides 2 or 3 people, it wouldn't surprise me anymore if anyone else up and dumped their truck for a run-of-the-mill Camaro, Mustang, or Corvette. Hell, for even a Camry or some other generic throw-away transportation vehicle.

I couldn't IMAGINE ever getting rid of my truck...there is simply nothing like it. But, I use it specifically for trips towing a trailer, and there is simply nothing else that fits the bill. Surely there's no other powerful convertible with a frame and over 400hp that can effortlessly tow a camper. So, maybe I get more use out of the SSR's unique features since I use the truck in a unique way. I dunno.

Like I've always said...when MikeInAz or Dicktator sell theirs it's time to turn off the lights and close up shop.

·
Slingshot Rules!
61,375 Posts
Sold the ssr ! 11 yrs , over 10 yrs on the site , met so many people, been to a few runs in the states , the biggest was in 11 at flagstaff !! Was a lotta fun , I will still be on the site , mayb I will win the #14 sig !!!
Sad news, Nathan . . . but you'll be back.

Whenever / wherever I go in The Bummer ('86 Jeep CJ-7) I am frequently approached by Lookie-Loos and Wannabe Buyers. Amazingly, most of the more serious Wannabes are previous owners of a CJ who were either forced to sell or just decided to sell. The "wife made me get rid of it" line often comes up. Now they're kicking themselves and some are downright desperate.

Kinda sad but . . .

! :surprise: ! :crying: ! :surprise: ! :crying: ! :surprise: !

·
Premium Member
6,763 Posts
I'll tell you IF I sell my 05 Redline Red, I'll have another one in 30 days, whatever color it might be. Same thing with Jan ... if she passes away the house and most of the furniture will be history in 30 days. It'l be a "tiny house" and a 6 car, heated & cooled, garage for me and a :yellow: :silver: :purple: and maybe a :blue: one. If I die first then it's her call. You can call me crazy if you want to but ... that's life. God has healed me of my severe degenerative Arthritis of the Spine, I'm completely pain free. No prescription painkillers at all. I could even put a fuel pump on a 55 Chevy now and never have pain one in my fingers (that I've had for 25 years). tennesseecozydog :ssr

·
Super Moderator
26,564 Posts
It's starting to not surprise me when those who I mistakenly think are die-hards up and sell their well-loved trucks out of the blue...Art, turnheadz, Focks, Doug Allen, waysouth6speed, etc...everyone knows what I mean.

At first it was a shock, but it gradually became less-so. Now, it seems pretty commonplace. Besides 2 or 3 people, it wouldn't surprise me anymore if anyone else up and dumped their truck for a run-of-the-mill Camaro, Mustang, or Corvette. Hell, for even a Camry or some other generic throw-away transportation vehicle.

I couldn't IMAGINE ever getting rid of my truck...there is simply nothing like it. But, I use it specifically for trips towing a trailer, and there is simply nothing else that fits the bill. Surely there's no other powerful convertible with a frame and over 400hp that can effortlessly tow a camper. So, maybe I get more use out of the SSR's unique features since I use the truck in a unique way. I dunno.

Like I've always said...when MikeInAz or Dicktator sell theirs it's time to turn off the lights and close up shop.
Doug has an excuse, He has more than he needs and no room for anything else, give him a break.

I just sold my 57 Thunderbird I'd owned for 18 years and bought my SSR this past month.. Believe me there were some shocked Classic Tbird owners.. Including me.. I'm loving my SSR..
I see that Kevin got you all fixed up. Now go to the New members Forum and introduce yourself properly, unless I missed that. Welcome.

·
Premium Member
6,763 Posts

Very well said ggoat, very well said !!! A ty-yota kamree is a generic throw away transportation vehicle. tennesseecozydog :ssr

·
Premium Member
6,763 Posts
Sometimes life causes us to change things up a bit. I've had two SSRs and on my 6th Corvette, we're living in our 8th house but still have the same wife.

Change can be good. :smile2:
Excellent post BMBLBEE agree with you 100%. Love our 05 Redline Red but after 8 going on 9 years I would like something different, maybe a :yellow: one a :silver: one or even a :purple: one. Agree with you "Change" can be good :smile2: and at nearly 78 "what the hell" Bob Alexander :ssr

·
Premium Member
15,490 Posts
Well, I still own four SSR's, including Hellvis, which I purchased new almost 12 years ago. I'm sorry you mistakenly thought I was a "die-hard" SSR owner, for it appears I have not met your expectations. I'm not sure I can sleep at night knowing I've let you down ggoat!!!.

It was a good run Nathan, I hope you win Sig 14 👍

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Well, I still own four SSR's, including Hellvis, which I purchased new almost 12 years ago. I'm sorry you mistakenly thought I was a "die-hard" SSR owner, for it appears I have not met your expectations. I'm not sure I can sleep at night knowing I've let you down ggoat!!!.
You didn't just sell a run-of-the-mill 1 of a zillion SSR...you sold a perfect ultra-rare holy grail FLAME PACE TRUCK for a MUSTANG of all things. I still can hardly even TYPE that.

I don't care how many other SSRs you own...if you're capable of getting rid of the holy grail SSR for a Ford, you just might have a little case of ED with your self-assured SSR die-hardness.

lol

:)

PS...when you get rid of the Brickyard truck to fund a 1984 Ford Tempo GLX project you will have officially gone die-soft!!!

>:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
15 Participants
REBEL
Chevy SSR Forum
Chevy SSR Forum - where SSR fans discuss modifications, wheel & tire tech, performance and so much more!
Full Forum Listing