Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 Aqua Blur 22578
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just got back from a long day. Left this morning to pick up the new SSR about 4 hours away...late breakfast, an hour or so at the dealer, a slow ride back in mostly rain trying to keep the speed down, but varying as much as possible. Gave her a couple of hard accelerations, but not long. Pulls very nicely! When we got to Lake George Village which is about an hour south of home, the rain had stopped and it was 61 degrees out...unusually warm here for this time of year. Top came down and I drove the rest of the way home with the biggest grin I've had in years. Bath time tomorrow and hopefully some pics that I can post.

Roger & Liz

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Sounds like you had a GREAT time. Enjoy! The good times are just beginning :cool

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,062 Posts
It's a wonderful thing

You will find yourself wrapped up in this thing sooner than you thought. I find myself smiling as I use the California Duster on it every day or so. The smile continues as I drive it to work. After parking, I keep looking over my shoulder as I walk away thinking....... damn, I love driving this thing.

There was a similar feeling when I was 17 and had the keys to MY car in my pocket. Do you remember?????

It's a passion.

Mike

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Yeah, I get that same feeling every time I look at mine. Wish you could bottle that feeling...no more need for psychiatrists !!! :lol :lol :lol

·
Growing Older but Not Up
1,350 Posts
Ain't it Fun!

Congratulations! Those first few weeks getting to know the SSR and basking in the attention driving it brings is the best! Welcome aboard :cool

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
big-daddy said:
Congratulations! Those first few weeks getting to know the SSR and basking in the attention driving it brings is the best! Welcome aboard :cool
Big Daddy I think you hit it on the head. This Saturday it will be one week. So far I have 68 miles on it. Even took out my exwife for a ride last night. She even liked it more than my 350Z I just gave up for the SSR. She really like the hard top convertible and the power. But like you said "getting to know the SSR and basking in the attention driving it brings is the best!"

Welcome on board ssr blur!

·
Growing Older but Not Up
1,350 Posts
ssr blur said:
I have some pictures, but don't know how to post. :confused
Go to the "Test Forum" near the bottom for help, Or just try to use the "manage attachments' button after you write a post, scroll down to the button, click on "browse" , find you jpg file and upload.

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
ssr blur said:
I have some pictures, but don't know how to post. :confused
Look under FAQ!
Not enough time on the site to upload unless you become Supporting Member!!! Do a search on photo bucket. See what you get there!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts