Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Picked up my new 05 slingshot Yellow 6 speed yesterday. Most of lastnight was rubing and waxing and saying "OOH and Ahh"...Man this thing is beautiful.
Bought it in Greeneville SC and drove the 141 miles to Johnson City, Tennessee.
To finsih the equipment it has the 1 SB package special matts, dress package in the bed, balck leather interior,6 speed, Chome wheels, etc, etc...Windsow sticker was $50,225...bought for $31,490. Had 245 miiles when I drove off the lot.
Now one question. I have the cup holder in the dash but I did not get the mobile one that should go on either side of the console. Should I have gotten one with the deal????
Well, back to the garage!!!!!:seeya :seeya

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Con-cup holder missing...

GM only gives you one of these larger transferable cup holders but they are really flimsy and untrustworthy... Unless you're good at cleanups or want to HOLD on to it all the time your slurpy is in there, I would forget it or file it in the garage for the next owner to worry about......

Enjoy your SSR as we all do!!!!

Steve

·
Registered
631 Posts
Cup holder

srpbaer said:
Well, Picked up my new 05 slingshot Yellow 6 speed yesterday. Most of lastnight was rubing and waxing and saying "OOH and Ahh"...Man this thing is beautiful.
To finsih the equipment it has the 1 SB package special matts, dress package in the bed, balck leather interior,6 speed, Chome wheels, etc, etc...Windsow sticker was $50,225...bought for $31,490. Had 245 miiles when I drove off the lot.
Now one question. I have the cup holder in the dash but I did not get the mobile one that should go on either side of the console. Should I have gotten one with the deal????
GM changed the design of the console panel on the passenger side after the 04 model year, to a horizontal slide-in for the fold-out cup holder. The old style tended to lift out when you picked up the cup, then you had to decide whether to hold the cup (with holder wedged on) or try to slide it back down in the bracket, risking life and limb in traffic. The 05 console panel is much improved, with the horizontal bracket to accept the cup holder. With this one, you only pay $5+ more for the holder, and it stays in place unless you move the passenger seat too far forward, knocking holder and cup out onto the floor! Gawd bless them GM designers!!:skep

·
Thank You To Our Troops
19,853 Posts
srpbaer said:
Hi, was in Johnson City back in November and stayed at the Crown Inn by the mall. I live in Maggie Valley, NC. Just over an hour drive up beautiful I-26.
Maybe see ya around.

·
Registered
374 Posts
blueeyes said:
GM changed the design of the console panel on the passenger side after the 04 model year, to a horizontal slide-in for the fold-out cup holder. The old style tended to lift out when you picked up the cup, then you had to decide whether to hold the cup (with holder wedged on) or try to slide it back down in the bracket, risking life and limb in traffic. The 05 console panel is much improved, with the horizontal bracket to accept the cup holder. With this one, you only pay $5+ more for the holder, and it stays in place unless you move the passenger seat too far forward, knocking holder and cup out onto the floor! Gawd bless them GM designers!!:skep
Actually, they changed it within the '05 model year. My '05 is an early build, and it has vertical cup holders.

Mine was missing as well, so the dealer ordered a new one. I had parts order 2 - one is still in the box in the garage in case the first one gets broken.

I use it. If you are careful with it (fold it up when not in use, and remove it and stow it when you have a passenger), it is useful. It will hold a plastic coke bottle no probem.. even the large 24 oz versions. You have to tilt the bottle slightly when removing it, but it comes out okay. It can also hold larger cups, again, I show caution when driving with it, and so far it's worked fine.

You got to have a light touch when inserting cups, but it will hold.

Not tried any ceramic coffee mugs or those aluminum travel mugs.

Two other things to check ---

1) if you got the wood bed strips and a body color kit, you should also have gotten the body colored strips (yours is yellow, so the strips should be yellow).

2) Watch the fuel cap retainer. Mine was broken off, the fastener was shot. They replaced the fuel cap and fastener under warranty. However, they installed a Trailbazer fuel cap which has a shorter retaining wire, which makes you have to partially shut the door when removiing or installing the cap or you'll pop the fastener out again. The fuel cap should sit in the holder on the fuel door, the plastic retainer intact.

·
Premium Member
6,376 Posts
srpbaer said:
Sounds like you got a hell of a DEAL! I checked on a 05 SSR here in Michigan with my dealer for a friend and he said the best he could do was around 37k for one that listed for 45k.
Happy driving is guaranteed in an SSR!! :)

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
SRP: These answers are correct. You don't want that cup holder unless you like cleaning up a mess. Very flimsy, easily bumped sliding pass. seat forward. Just keep polishing and driving. Welcome aboard, I got the same SSR except Aqua Blr. But I sure didn't get the deal you did. Enjoy.

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,611 Posts
FREE Cup Holder!

:lol
srpbaer said:
... Windsow sticker was $50,225...bought for $31,490. Had 245 miiles when I drove off the lot.
Let me call the dealer and tell him he should give you one for FREE. :nono

Ps. One minor issue... I think I will tell the dealer to get another $5,000 off of you because he must have forgot to add the opitions correctly? :smash

:lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts