Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Woo Hoo! She's Hoooome......... Well Sort of.......

The Ordeal... I get to the dealer and give her a good once over and noticed the DREADED acid ran damage on the hood and back cover. Its not bad but its there. So Dealer is sending it out to a shop to be compounded and buffed. I refused to sign on the dotted line until I see the results. The DIC is also Wonky and there is a TSB on it so it will also go to the shop to have that fixed as well. Its been sitting there for a year and managed to only have 65 miles on it so thats good, some other 05s I have looked at have a couple hundred miles on them. I told the Mgr the only way I would buy this HORIFFICly damaged car now is if he takes LOTS more money off (hehehehe) he did almost $15K off of sticker now.. :lol Someone please host a pic for me I dont know how to do it I did take a pic of her.. OH YEA and I REALLY Love her, and can't wait to get her home this truck is AWSOME :) Yes I did notice little "tinks and clunks" from the driveline and rear end but, I think this is something thats just going to be there im used to that stuff being a long time Corvetter its not a Lexus but its decent for sure.




:party .... :ssr
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,894 Posts
garage

You must feel great. I know i did. Got it home by 11pm. I got up the next morning to watch the wife take it work. Witch lasted 6 days and 1000 miles later. Enjoy it. My wife did ours.Plus its a great color...good driving...mark :seeya
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was soo nervous pulling it into the garage because of the front fenders its going to take a bit to get used to. By the way where the heck is the battery and how do you get to it?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
17,317 Posts
IllinoisSSR said:
I was soo nervous pulling it into the garage because of the front fenders its going to take a bit to get used to. By the way where the heck is the battery and how do you get to it?
Dont tell me when you looked under the hood they forgot to install it? Damn, did you get taken. Well at least tell me this, "Did they include the kick start, on the driver's side?"

When I got mine, they forgot to install the battery too, and the kick start was for left handed people so it was on the right side off the car. I was just thankfull I did not have a stick shift truck, and have to hold the clutch down while trying to kick the right side.

Of course you could always go back to the Dealer and ask for the battery, buit after market sale's and once it is removed from the dealership, well it has a tendency to go up in the price.

Good Luck!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
254 Posts
Talk about a spred

Focks said:
Dont tell me when you looked under the hood they forgot to install it? Damn, did you get taken. Well at least tell me this, "Did they include the kick start, on the driver's side?"

When I got mine, they forgot to install the battery too, and the kick start was for left handed people so it was on the right side off the car. I was just thankfull I did not have a stick shift truck, and have to hold the clutch down while trying to kick the right side.

Of course you could always go back to the Dealer and ask for the battery, buit after market sale's and once it is removed from the dealership, well it has a tendency to go up in the price.

Good Luck!
If the kick start was on the right side and had to reach through the passenger door all the way over to the clutch.....ouch!!!! :lol
 

·
Machell
Joined
·
20,829 Posts
IllinoisSSR said:
I was soo nervous pulling it into the garage because of the front fenders its going to take a bit to get used to. By the way where the heck is the battery and how do you get to it?

The battery is under the bed, in a box. Jumper connections are under the hood.!!!You will get used to pulling into the garage, it takes some time!! :ssr :seeya
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
wildcat66 said:
The battery is under the bed, in a box. Jumper connections are under the hood.!!!You will get used to pulling into the garage, it takes some time!! :ssr :seeya
Thanks,,, :thumbs
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
17,317 Posts
Darn you Wildcat, you could have strung him along a little longer. He is a "SSR OWNER" now. He needss to get used to the hi-jinx that go on here.
 

·
Machell
Joined
·
20,829 Posts
:lol well Focks you could get up off your couch and spank me!!! :glol

Besides now he knows I am the Nice One!:) :lol
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
17,317 Posts
wildcat66 said:
:lol Well Focks you could get up off your couch and spank me!!!

I had no idea you were up for grabs in that fashion. Do you prefer right side or left side spanking? Just a couple of playful slaps, or do you prefer it to tingle? Bare handed, belt, or paddle? I think my back is feeling better all ready. Didn't I hear that was suppose to be good for your back? :reddevil
 

·
Machell
Joined
·
20,829 Posts
Maybe your back hurts because you wore your corsette to tight! :glol :glol :angel I am glad I could make you back feel better!
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top