Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I already tried Dick, no luck, he is away.
Mike no doubt has them, but time is a factor.

I was hoping to get back running sooner. Anyone In the area have one that I can borrow, and return asap

Thanks, Charles

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,394 Posts
Thank you. I already tried Dick, no luck, he is away.
Mike no doubt has them, but time is a factor.

I was hoping to get back running sooner. Anyone In the area have one that I can borrow, and return asap

Thanks, Charles
Hang on! Somebody there should one for you. I carry a spare shifter kit plus an Ignition switch for cases like yours and a bunch of others here in North Texas do as well.

Nick

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,400 Posts
If mike has one and can get it in the mail tomorrow it should be there Sat or Mon.

·
Daily Driver
8,941 Posts
So you futzed around and futzed around until you needed it, then panic panic.

Pay attention people, don't do this. Don't wait till in becomes a panic situation, at least get a kit so you'll have it in hand when your plastic bushing fails.
Better yet install it instead of paying hundreds of dollars for towing, then doing it.

Oh, you have AAA so you're not worried? The last time I called AAA at 2 PM, they showed up at 7:13 PM. Just change the damn bushing.

spec04, sorry for using you as a bad example, but it may save somebody else. :imsorry:

·
My First Permagrin !
567 Posts
Or worse case get the plastic Dorman repair kit. Part # 14055 I think and use that till you can get the good parts
The doorman kit is cheap and available everywhere ,
and has lasted this long for you .
my shifter bushing failed on the 3rd day I owned my SSR .
I knew of the problem and didn't freak out when it happened .
Good luck , Dave

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK OK
Ordered from Mike.

It just wouldn't be right, if I didn't procrastinate a bit... That life, ain't it?

Thanks all for the responses and concerns.
Charlrs

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
So you futzed around and futzed around until you needed it, then panic panic.

Pay attention people, don't do this. Don't wait till in becomes a panic situation, at least get a kit so you'll have it in hand when your plastic bushing fails.
Better yet install it instead of paying hundreds of dollars for towing, then doing it.

Oh, you have AAA so you're not worried? The last time I called AAA at 2 PM, they showed up at 7:13 PM. Just change the damn bushing.

spec04, sorry for using you as a bad example, but it may save somebody else. :imsorry:
I have a new in my R ,I carry a spare kit and ignition switch.:silver:

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,370 Posts
So you futzed around and futzed around until you needed it, then panic panic. Pay attention people, don't do this. Don't wait till in becomes a panic situation, at least get a kit so you'll have it in hand when your plastic bushing fails. Just change the damn thing
================================================
And there you have it people!! Uncle Brucie's Scolding of the Day!!! - :laugh:

2018-11-21-10-03-45-2127162596.jpeg

Bruce, you are the voice of simple truth once again. I appreciate how you put it out there short and simple. Thx buddy.

:glol

===============
David :black:
images-31.jpeg - Everybody have a great holiday!!

·
Daily Driver
8,941 Posts
For years we've been hearing about people having to get a flatbed to haul their truck home with varying levels of messed up plans and pissed significant others. Then the punch line, I have Dictators fix in my glove compartment(for various lengths of time), just haven't gotten around to it. :rolleyes:

Honestly, I'm a World Class procrastinator but this one is crazy. It's not difficult, and shouldn't be expensive if you choose to have somebody else do it. Plus having it fail can be very inconvenient and expensive.

·
Ex SoCal Nut
9,931 Posts
For years we've been hearing about people having to get a flatbed to haul their truck home with varying levels of messed up plans and pissed significant others. Then the punch line, I have Dictators fix in my glove compartment(for various lengths of time), just haven't gotten around to it. :rolleyes: Honestly, I'm a World Class procrastinator but this one is crazy.
Right next to your Extra set of Keys, eh....

·
Daily Driver
8,941 Posts
:lol Not me, my spare keys are here in the house, I just have to get a cab (or plane) to bring me home to get them.
But I do have Dictators fix installed, after hearing all those stories from people who didn't.

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
UPDATE
Ordered part from Mike on Wednesday last week, and he shipped it same day.
Thursday was thanksgiving, and Friday, … well was Friday, and Saturday part arrived at the door.
Installed yesterday, and my R is vert happy now.
BIG THANK YOU MIKE...

Charles

·
RedHotSSR
605 Posts
Just a little courious

So you have been a member since 2010, and you never felt the need to replace this bushing or have one of these Kits before now ? :surprise: Not being judgmental, BUT I think this is a learning opportunity for ALL NEW OWNERS and a few of those who STILL don't have one of these ESENTIAL repair kits.

THE OEM SHIFT LINKAGE BUSING WILL FAIL. The top / shift handle bushings are ALSO beginning to fail. So if you have not replaced either of these, order you kits NOW. Unless you don't mind breaking down and needing a two back home. :frown2:

"Long may you all run":grin2:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts