Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
SSR Pit Crew
11,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Jeff, (Jeffanatic) called me this AM, said his R would not shift out of reverse, lever would move but trans stayed in reverse.

I said I thought it was shift cable, it was.

When I got to Jeff's house he had found "transmission shift cable broke!" We repaired the cable w/some improvements, at least we think so.

Now available from Mike Moro Web Site: Maintenance & Repair Parts - OR JimBob,

OR ME! [email protected]/[email protected]

Pictures:
1. Ground rivet head off shift arm.
2. How assembled
3. Kit installed, looks like this and will not fall off.
4. This is OEM neoprene insert that holds your shifter on.
5. Neoprene crumbles from 1800 degree catalytic converter 3" away.

Dicktator

Attachments

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
That same cable broke on my 'R' when I was in a parking lot. Hat to push out of the 3rd story of the lot, hauled then fixed. Another weak spot? John Matson

·
SSR Pit Crew
11,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mike, As a mater of fact, Jeff said "Mike should make a kit or repair kit for this fix".

I agreed, glad you picked up on it.

I would like 10 kits at Dicktator's Garage in Florida.

Let me know when you can ship.

Dicktator

·
Premium Member
1,435 Posts
Tony, Yes, my BALD Brother, I do!

It is -AAASSSS1239057884673UP - 4885869002- ABSRTXEWITWX-388950--00349884-UPYOURS.

You can get it at Ace or try Public's or CVS.

Dicktator
:yellow:

LOL :glol:glol:bwekk:

tony

ps. do you have a number for mikes repair kit yet ? :glol:glol:bwekk:

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,777 Posts
Hey Dick......got a problem with Penelope. Can ya get over here by tomorrow night and take care of it because I won't get home from Lake Tahoe til late Monday morning.

Oh yeah I'll let you know what the problem is when you get here. Just ask my neighbor Susan for the house key.

Thanxx again.......Ed

PS The Captain Morgan is the same place it was when you were here before.

·
OP
8,210 Posts
I made up six shift cable repair kits today, Stainless w/locknut.

Pictures:

1. Assembled and unassembled. 1/4x20 SS bolt 1" long, SS internal tooth washer, "T" 1/4x20 nut, nylon hose over sleeve, flat SS washer, SS locknut.

2. Assembled.
Nice! Are they for sale?

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
I made up six shift cable repair kits today, Stainless w/locknut.

Pictures:

1. Assembled and unassembled. 1/4x20 SS bolt 1" long, SS internal tooth washer, "T" 1/4x20 nut, nylon hose over sleeve, flat SS washer, SS locknut.

2. Assembled.
Great Dick...:):):) Please put my name on one...:yellow:

·
SSR Pit Crew
11,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OP, Hadn't really thought about it. I do know I have to change bolt length to 1 1/4" . And I have to check to see if the 03/04 is the same as the 05/06 linkage.
Most likely it is.
Cost? Parts in SS are kinda high. I was about $4.50 in parts. Maybe two bucks for mailing. Plus label, envelope, etc.
I would be comfortable at $10 bucks including mailing.
What do you think?

Dicktator

Nice! Are they for sale?

·
Premium Member
6,106 Posts
That looks like a nice fix for someone who does not want to go to the trouble and expense of a new shift cable and it's requisite installation. The only issue I see is that if you ever do want to go back with the stock cable, you will need to replace the shift arm as well. The shift arms are fairly plentiful around here, so if anybody would need one to go back to stock, we can dig one up for them. I applaud you on your imagination and engineering Dick, having one of those little set ups in the glove box could save someones bacon when they are stranded in BFE and can't get a cable.:thumbs

1 - 20 of 137 Posts