Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Blue Blur Auto
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a shift knob adaptor second hand to install a Hurst t-handle. I am having real difficult time getting the adaptor aligned with the hole in the R stem and have the shifter work properly (go into Park). I have managed to align it a couple times at the two different heights available and put the screw in but then it would not depress to go in Park.

There is only 3 parts to the adaptor right? Two aluminum cylinders and a spring? Is there another manufacture of adaptors? Did get one that doesn't fit the R?

Ideas?

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,862 Posts

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,915 Posts
I bought a shift knob adaptor second hand to install a Hurst t-handle. I am having real difficult time getting the adaptor aligned with the hole in the R stem and have the shifter work properly (go into Park). I have managed to align it a couple times at the two different heights available and put the screw in but then it would not depress to go in Park.

There is only 3 parts to the adaptor right? Two aluminum cylinders and a spring? Is there another manufacture of adaptors? Did get one that doesn't fit the R?

Ideas?
If it is one of mine, it sounds like you are not installing it correctly. There is no need to align the setscrew with the factory R hole, just the opposite actually. The setscrew should be against a solid section of the OEM shaft.

Have you read the installation directions? For Sale - Automatic shift adapters for custom shift handles
Send a message if you need more assistance.

Helpful Links
Electronic Parts Repair
Add your location on Fanatic PINMAP and locate others
SSR Technical Resource Website - Quick searchable help

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
6,323 Posts

Ideas?
Some pictures of what you have may help identify the problem.

Nick

·
Premium Member
2,095 Posts
Mike does excellent work...there is no spring in the shifter...its...plug and play...set screw in back...maybe 3/4 turn its set....and ready to go....if you want a better picture I will take one for you.
vp

1 - 8 of 8 Posts