Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Polishing went slightly too far just below the "R", you can hardly see it. The rest of the ball is fine. Includes insert.
$200 or best offer plus shipping.
Roy Lee
Lowering price $150.00 plus shipping

IMG_20190111_155741743.jpg

IMG_20190111_155901489_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190111_155957070_HDR.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,315 Posts
Polishing went slightly too far just below the "R", you can hardly see it. The rest of the ball is fine. Includes insert.
$200 or best offer plus shipping.
Roy Lee

View attachment 539939

View attachment 539941

View attachment 539943
:smile2:

For anyone that may buy this knob. You just might find that during a hot day with the top down that that chrome knob gets pretty hot.:surprise:

I happen to have one of those custom leather knob covers that slips over the knob and stops the blistering scenario when shifting on such days.:wink2:

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,183 Posts
Someone named FLASH just posted yesterday the chrome 6 speed knobs are very hard to locate and if you can find one they go for about $450. Haven't verified that but they must be like gold.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
The chrome ball interests me, a lot, but I'm fearful the ball will create a need in me to replace all the rest of the satin trim in the cockpit. Based on the prices I've seen, that $150 ball could wind up costing me a couple thou, and, of course, it won't stop there. So moscooter, how much do you want for the leather cover?

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
By the way, just because someone is bound to notice the description of the 04 SSR in my profile and want to inform me that the cover (and the ball for that matter) will not work for with automatic; I picked up a 05, Aqua Blur six speed a couple of weeks ago so the cover (and the ball) actually would work for me. I know I need to update the profile but I'm an old retired dude, I just don't move as quickly as my truck. Besides, I need to post my 04 for sale before I start making changes so please be patient with me.

·
Premium Member
9,354 Posts
By the way, just because someone is bound to notice the description of the 04 SSR in my profile and want to inform me that the cover (and the ball for that matter) will not work for with automatic; I picked up a 05, Aqua Blur six speed a couple of weeks ago so the cover (and the ball) actually would work for me. I know I need to update the profile but I'm an old retired dude, I just don't move as quickly as my truck. Besides, I need to post my 04 for sale before I start making changes so please be patient with me.
I'll see you in Penticton in June, hopefully with the blur 6 speed. I'd be happy to help you spend your money.>:) Let's see......... Hurst shifter, 410 gears, LS7 clutch, chrome trim,.........yup - I can help.

By the way - you could just take your satin knob in to a chrome plater. At least it's metal, unlike all the rest of the trim.

I've been shifting mine for 12 years so far, in a very sunny area, with the top down, and I can't remember ever noticing my knob was hot................the one in the truck.:wink2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts