Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The was running fine but after shifted to park and shut down, it won't turn over. I put the battery on a trickle charge until fully charge. Still didn't crank. Just a single click and all lights work. I kept jiggling the shifter, and it started. shut it down and it wont start again. Jiggling isn't helping this time.

·
Premium Member
04 SSR
3,294 Posts
Does shift indicator on dash board work properly as you move shifter?

If no shifter bushing may have failed.

If yes try to shift to N and try to start.

If single click is loud and appears to be coming from underneath near starter.
Check cable connections at battery, battery ground at body and starter.

If fairly quite click try swapping starter relay with another one that has same number.

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,895 Posts
RodsBlackR, I see this is your first post. Do what these guys suggest and you'll get it started. Meantime--Welcome from Forney Texas!!! You will discover that you have found the BEST FORUM ever!---Consider going to "Tools" in the red banner, click on "User CP" go to "Your Profile" then click "Edit Your Details". Then, whenever you "post" something, it will show in the left column under your name, like the rest of us, and we will know where you are and what you drive. Then if you have a problem, someone close by might be able to help out.

--Also if you haven't yet, go to "FORUMS", "SSRFanatics News & Polls", click "New Member section", click "Post New Thread" and introduce Yourself!!

And, if you decide on a "Lifetime or Premium" Membership, you will get more benefits and no ads!? and show appreciation for tips and help. Click "Get Premium" under the Red Banner, read and compare the Advantages!!

Nick & Kathy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The dash shift indicator is working. I was able to get it into N and it started. I also notice a medium size red cable attached to the front of the under hood fuse box that is tight, but the wire looks like its coming apart from the crimp. I don't know what the wire is for, but I know it shouldn't be half broken.

I'll check tomorrow, but don't want to snap it off.

Thanks for your help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts