Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone going to Woodlake Dr. in chesapeake, VA next saturday for the Shine and Show before the Snow?

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not like Oklahoma of course, but we do occassionally get some snow here. Usually the close presence of the Gulf Stream near VB keeps it away from us. The Blizzard of 1980 was pretty memorable. Shut down the town for days! It was like surfing in a slurpee that year. Chunks of ice in the ocean and everything. It looks so bizarre and surreal.

·
Premium Member
31,264 Posts
Heh!

cruzned said:
Shut down the town for days!
:)

You'd swear by the reactions around DC here that NOBODY has ever seen snow in their life. Get a dusting here and everybody panics! Get a threat of an inch or two and all the schools close pre-emptively!

·
Registered
487 Posts
ssr71 said:
:)

You'd swear by the reactions around DC here that NOBODY has ever seen snow in their life. Get a dusting here and everybody panics! Get a threat of an inch or two and all the schools close pre-emptively!
No Snow here......My kids have never seen snow.......I lived in the snow.......I hate snow......

Actually Snow is a nice visit for the day, but living in it was not fun. I couldn't image Sponge Bob freezing all winter.

Joe Davis
StepPrinting.com

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, it looks like mostly rain and shine on Saturday, so I won't be there either. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like every time they have scheduled this show it rained and was canceled but this weekend is going to be perfect. It is rescheduled for this Saturda, 9 AM to 3 PM. I will be there wih all my skullery! Hope some of you in our area can join us. It is at the Khedive temple off of Woolake Drive in Chesapeake, VA. Always some very nice people at this show and some of the best rides around too. Temps will be in the upper 70's as a bonus! :thumbs :thumbs

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Another weekend I won't be in town :mad
Soon I won't remember where my house is :confused

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gonna miss ya John. I know you lurkers in Hampton Roads are on this forum. Come out and enjoy the fun folks! I will be bringing a lot of "Skullery" with me... :jester

1 - 9 of 9 Posts