Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today around 1p.m. I saw a black SSR heading south on Grand Prairie. First one I've seen by chance along my daily travels. :smile2: Maybe a SSR fanatic member?

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Today around 1p.m. I saw a black SSR heading south on Grand Prairie. First one I've seen by chance along my daily travels. :smile2: Maybe a SSR fanatic member?
There are many Fanatics in your area and even more 'Rs. It could have been Bob, SSR3, here on the forum. He lives in Arlington and is the lead organizer for the DFW south and west region. If you are planning to participate in the events, he will be one of the first group of owners that you will meet. Just keep your eyes open, they are around you all the time.

David :blur:

·
DFW TX Crew
1,437 Posts
I go up George Bush tollway almost every day from 30 to Trinity Mills in my yellow R. I see another SSR once a blue moon but that's about it. ;)

Josh

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I go up George Bush tollway almost every day from 30 to Trinity Mills in my yellow R. I see another SSR once a blue moon but that's about it. ;)

Josh
Same here except I go south. Have only driven my SSR once or twice in that route.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Iwas down in Burleson last week. Never saw another SSR all the way down from Wichita.and back

·
Super Moderator
13,930 Posts
This is just one reason I appreciate our PCBC annual meet
I get to group with a bunch!

I saw my first, a 2003 Slingshot at a car show in 2003.
I would have bought it, but it was Yellow (that is for CruDawg)
The sad part of this is I am dissing the Slingshot where I really want to dig at the PacBlue guy! :nep:

Actually, it was $85000 here and I had 2 Corvettes and a TR6 - couldn't imagine a single guy needing another 2 seater.

But, to the point, I never saw another SSR in Greater Vancouver until I moved to Kamloops (Interior BC) in 2007
That was my first Redline - I figured it was karma

Since then, in casual driving, except for visitors, car shows and caravans, in daily driving, I believe I have only seen 5, maybe 6 SSR's on the road since 2003

1. Ultra Violet on 200 st @ 10th ave (a country road at the time) - about 2008 - yelled and honked - think I caught him by surprise
2. Slingshot on an Abottsford turnaround about 2010- yelled and honked - nada - he did not see me
3. Beat up 2004 Silver in Kamloops a dealer had bought and driven - 2014
4. 2004 Redline, owned by someone I know, but it is stored locally
5. Another 2004 Redline, which is owned by our member in PGeorge - saw it on the street in Kloops
6. And....tadatada! a 2006 Silver over Black on the Yellowhead Highway (Kamloops to Edmonton Hwy)
I think I know who owns that one (not Kyle)

There you have it, seeing an SSR on the road here is somewhat like espying the sasquatch!

Then again, I don't get out much - HaHa!

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,381 Posts
This is just one reason I appreciate our PCBC annual meet
I get to group with a bunch!

I saw my first, a 2003 Slingshot at a car show in 2003.
I would have bought it, but it was Yellow (that is for CruDawg)
The sad part of this is I am dissing the Slingshot where I really want to dig at the PacBlue guy! :nep:

Actually, it was $85000 here and I had 2 Corvettes and a TR6 - couldn't imagine a single guy needing another 2 seater.

But, to the point, I never saw another SSR in Greater Vancouver until I moved to Kamloops (Interior BC) in 2007
That was my first Redline - I figured it was karma

Since then, in casual driving, except for visitors, car shows and caravans, in daily driving, I believe I have only seen 5, maybe 6 SSR's on the road since 2003

1. Ultra Violet on 200 st @ 10th ave (a country road at the time) - about 2008 - yelled and honked - think I caught him by surprise
2. Slingshot on an Abottsford turnaround about 2010- yelled and honked - nada - he did not see me
3. Beat up 2004 Silver in Kamloops a dealer had bought and driven - 2014
4. 2004 Redline, owned by someone I know, but it is stored locally
5. Another 2004 Redline, which is owned by our member in PGeorge - saw it on the street in Kloops
6. And....tadatada! a 2006 Silver over Black on the Yellowhead Highway (Kamloops to Edmonton Hwy)
I think I know who owns that one (not Kyle)

There you have it, seeing an SSR on the road here is somewhat like espying the sasquatch!

Then again, I don't get out much - HaHa
!
Tied to the computer looking at damaged SSRs!

·
Super Moderator
13,930 Posts
Tied to the computer looking at damaged SSRs!
Dwight, your PacBlue was the first :blue: I saw
Since then, I have seen MikeinAZ #22661, 22697 (was owned by Bernie here in BC) and BC Pacific's that recently sold
Other than these, a couple of Lou's half breeds.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,381 Posts
Dwight, your PacBlue was the first :blue: I saw
Since then, I have seen MikeinAZ #22661, 22697 (was owned by Bernie here in BC) and BC Pacific's that recently sold
Other than these, a couple of Lou's half breeds.
Maybe I should add that to my show display card "First Pacific Blue seen by "CASH", But maybe NOT!

·
Premium Member
2,134 Posts

Not me. A neighbor near me has a Smokin' Asphalt, but he is not a fanatic.

ssr3

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What are the odds!!? A day later around the same location I see another, only this time it's a REDLINER!!!!

·
Daily Driver
8,940 Posts
Loved the Pacific Blue but the car I was moving up from was Mopar Electric Blue which is very close.
That car was a nightmare to keep clean as an ungaraged daily driver.
I knew the SSR was going to love me long time, and after three years with that color I couldn't face that propect again.
I knew from experience Silver is forgiving if you don't wash it for a couple days, so being a lazy basturd I chose the easy way out. :blush-anim-cl:

·
Super Moderator
13,930 Posts
:puke::yellow: :grin2: :laugh:

Not many less than pretty girls in Abottsford but my guess is you found one- HaHa!

I've been to Abottsford!!!
Dated a young lady from there!! LOL :laugh:
You had to drive a long way for a date! Doesn't surprise me though - HaHa!

Loved the Pacific Blue but the car I was moving up from was Mopar Electric Blue which is very close.
That car was a nightmare to keep clean as an ungaraged daily driver.
I knew the SSR was going to love me long time, and after three years with that color I couldn't face that prospect again.
I knew from experience Silver is forgiving if you don't wash it for a couple days, so being a lazy basturd I chose the easy way out. :blush-anim-cl:
I have had a few graphite cars, (BMW, Benz) some call it black but it is gray
We have seen a few SSR's (SSRCobra currently on the market) in dark gray, and IMO looks fabulous on the SSR.

·
Daily Driver
8,940 Posts
Yes, my buddy painted his '56 chevy 2dr wagon silver and graphite, it looks very classy, but it's not a daily driver.

·
DFW TX Crew
1,437 Posts
Believe it or not I saw another yellow R parked about 5 houses down from me, I went to meet the owner or visitor at that house and turns out the home owner also owns the SSR and it's yellow just like mine....... naturally I thought we long lost brothers and he'd welcome me to his family but it was quite the opposite, we talked for a few minutes but he didn't really care that we both owned yellow SSR's and only lived a few houses away from each other and he didn't seem interested in the SSR fanatics forum (even though he had the sticker on his back window), prob from the previous owner of the R, and he was happy just say hi and bye and never see my SSR or go to the Int. Rally we were about to have here in TX a while back.

I asked him about the SSR fanatics sticker on his back window and he didn't even know it was on there??? UGH!!!

He just didn't care at all. It was a sad day. He literally lives 5 houses away and owns a SSR and just doesn't care.

Josh

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,780 Posts
Believe it or not I saw another yellow R parked about 5 houses down from me, I went to meet the owner or visitor at that house and turns out the home owner also owns the SSR and it's yellow just like mine....... naturally I thought we long lost brothers and he'd welcome me to his family but it was quite the opposite, we talked for a few minutes but he didn't really care that we both owned yellow SSR's and only lived a few houses away from each other and he didn't seem interested in the SSR fanatics forum (even though he had the sticker on his back window), prob from the previous owner of the R, and he was happy just say hi and bye and never see my SSR or go to the Int. Rally we were about to have here in TX a while back.

I asked him about the SSR fanatics sticker on his back window and he didn't even know it was on there??? UGH!!!

He just didn't care at all. It was a sad day. He literally lives 5 houses away and owns a SSR and just doesn't care.

Josh
Josh, I've got a feeling that once he has a problem with his R that he can't fix or figure out he'll become a little more neighborly.

Dave

·
Premium Member
737 Posts

Josh
Prolly one of them "Feriners" recently moved to Texas. He'll learn to be Texas friendly with time.

:yellow:
Willie

1 - 20 of 31 Posts