Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recieved #2377 this week. Build date was 12/01/03. Very impressed. Has anyone figured out the side saddle storage and the cargo net bar as to how they are supposed to work together? I am having a hard time understanding hoe they are to coexist. Running boards really add to the look however, I don't think you would want chrome wheels with the running boards since they are brushed satin. Really turns the heads. You must drive defensive. Just love it!

Ken:D

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
The saddle bags are useless with the cargo net installed the way they show in the directions. the horizontal bar is in the way of the saddle bags. I have just the net and bar pkg. and it works great.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Side storage

I plan to remove the side storage containers and put them in my garage to hold all the waxes, cleaners and washing accessories I'm trying to fool myself into using to keep my ride looking good. :)

Has anyone found a 'real' use for that compartment on the bottom of the tonneau cover?

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
I use that little compartment under the tonu to keep my manual in since it does not fit into the teeny weeny glove box!:D

·
Registered
36 Posts
Re: Side storage

looking4_an_ssr said:
I plan to remove the side storage containers and put them in my garage to hold all the waxes, cleaners and washing accessories I'm trying to fool myself into using to keep my ride looking good. :)

Has anyone found a 'real' use for that compartment on the bottom of the tonneau cover?
It was Intended for storage of the Cargo net when not in use.

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
Accessories/Options

:) :) :) :)

It seems that most of the dealers that ordered SSR's when for all the options available, even though they had no idea what they were. Side storage boxes that can't be opened with the crossbar in place. A rear area that shrinks to almost nothing when the side storage boxes are in place. Having to remove the track covers in order to install the side storage boxes.

On reason is that the options have a bigger mark up than the base vehicle. More options more money.

As I was working on getting my SSR over the past three years, I got to see pictures and sketches of a lot of the options. Some are now available, many will be coming later. I worked with the dealer to order what I wanted, that I couldn't buy later....1SB package, cargo liner carpet, and gages. The dealer will sell me any options that I may now want at cost. That can be a savings of 20 to 40%. All I have to do is wait till the accessory I want is available and order it.

Got the vehicle at MSRP and the options at cost. Another reason I like my dealer. I am waiting to see the how the body color running boards look, may want to put black ones on my yellow bird. Also, I hope the wind break survives the cut. I think this will be nice for cruising.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I still have not seen the storage under the cover. Is it big enough to store my handgun? Bretta 92FS? I like to store my guns in the saddle bags. That's the only reason I got them:cheers

·
Registered
112 Posts
Re: Side storage

looking4_an_ssr said:
It will be for a small tool box in 04' or 05' as seen at the SEMA Show in Las Vegas back in November.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Cargo Net But No Bar

I have a net in a bag with six black threaded fasteners with eyes. I have no bar. Was this an option or standard. I can't figure out a way to install the net and the picture on this site specifically shows the bar it attaches to. Did I get ripped off? There was no bar or storage package ordered. Maybe I got a net I wasn't supposed to get.

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
cargo net

You can have my bar if you want it. I used the tie downs without the bar and it works better. The bar is just in the way if you want to put anything very big in the back. Even getting golf clubs in or out with the bar in is a hassle.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Re: Side Saddle Part #

Brownhornet said:
Does anyone have the the part # for the Side Saddle Storage compartments.
Integrated Side Saddle Storage #15113383 $489.00

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
Hi Nostoc, The bar is supposed to be part of the cargo net package.

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
Hi Nostoc, The cargo net package was and option. If you got the net and the tiedowns and didn't order the option you came out ahead. If you put 2 of the tiedowns at the back of the bed tracks and 2 of the tiedowns about 6 inches from the back of the side rails you can turn the net sideways, with the loop on the side, and snap the net into the 4 tiedowns. It works much better than with the bar and is a lot easier to remove when you're not using it.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
new without bar

I too bought an SSR with both the saddle bags and cargobar.

With the lids on you can't remove the bar. With the bar in place you can't get to the nuts holding the box to the bed.

Not to worry. The sidesaddle covers come off if you lift and twist sideways, then they fall off all together. I'm not really impressed with the saddle bags. About all the locks are good for is to keep the lids from sliding off in a turn.

The net can be used without the bar, but it's a tight stretch going from side rail to side rail. I added a couple of carbiners between the rail loops and the net hooks. Works fine without over stretching the net.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts