Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my SSR, it was my fathers and he passed and left it to me. well the drivers window leaks bad. i figured out that it is because the window goes up on the outside of the rubber moulding when it is rolled up. is there a way to adjust the window so it will lean in a little more and go into the moulding instead of the outside?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just got my SSR, it was my fathers and he passed and left it to me. well the drivers window leaks bad. i figured out that it is because the window goes up on the outside of the rubber moulding when it is rolled up. is there a way to adjust the window so it will lean in a little more and go into the moulding instead of the outside?
Thanks in advance

·
SSR Believer
1,563 Posts
@Dcramer, welcome! Yes, all you probably need to do is re-index the windows. As @cwmorgan said, it's very easy, takes only a minute.

Try this first:

Or if there's more to it, this video might apply, but the first one should do it.

There's a huge community of owners here that can help you find parts, troubleshoot issues and otherwise offer great support. Others will chime in with tips and tricks. In the meantime, here are a few links that you'll find invaluable:

Replacement and aftermarket parts and accessories from @Mike in AZ:

As @GGJOSSR suggested, check out the trouble shooting and DIY repairs library from @Dicktator

SSR DIY and other videos from @shiftz33:

SSR Trivia

Tell us a little more about yourself and your new-to-you SSR when you have time.

In the meantime, enjoy your PermaGrin and let us know how it goes!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tried the indexing. didnt fix it. window is set too far out and slides over the seal . found the adjustment procedure to adjust window in. will look at that this weekend. thanks for the help.

·
SSR Believer
1,563 Posts
I tried the indexing. didnt fix it. window is set too far out and slides over the seal . found the adjustment procedure to adjust window in. will look at that this weekend. thanks for the help.
Yes, that sounds like the next step. Let us know how it goes.

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,223 Posts
@Dcramer, Welcome from Forney Texas, do like Rich said and click on "Help Us Help You-Update"

Nick

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
2,308 Posts
Hellooooo from Cincinnati! You're on the right track now! Any problems, just shout out on here and help will be on the way!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts