Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all -

Well, I was fine, out-of-sight-out-of-mind and all, until yesterday - I looked out my office window and in the next building's parking lot gleamed a yellow SSR. *heavy sigh*

Since the SSR buyback and the receipt of my new C6, I've felt something missing from my life, something intangible and elusive, that which I think was my personality marrying up perfectly with my vehicle. I achieved this with the SSR, as I have in the past with other vehicles but not often. I love my C6 alright, but for all its enormous power, uncanny handling and electronic wizardry, it's just not the same.

So I look in here from time to time, finding out what's going on in little slices...

What are the 05/06 SSRs going for these days anyway? Maybe next summer I'll try again. Couldn't possibly have 2 lemons in a row, right?? Sometimes I tell myself that when I remember telling the GM guy "no thanks, not another SSR please"...

Cheers
Dave

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
2006 Ssr

jammadave said:
Hey all -

Well, I was fine, out-of-sight-out-of-mind and all, until yesterday - I looked out my office window and in the next building's parking lot gleamed a yellow SSR. *heavy sigh*

Since the SSR buyback and the receipt of my new C6, I've felt something missing from my life, something intangible and elusive, that which I think was my personality marrying up perfectly with my vehicle. I achieved this with the SSR, as I have in the past with other vehicles but not often. I love my C6 alright, but for all its enormous power, uncanny handling and electronic wizardry, it's just not the same.

So I look in here from time to time, finding out what's going on in little slices...

What are the 05/06 SSRs going for these days anyway? Maybe next summer I'll try again. Couldn't possibly have 2 lemons in a row, right?? Sometimes I tell myself that when I remember telling the GM guy "no thanks, not another SSR please"...

Cheers
Dave

Just had a quote on a red 2006 for chrome wheels
2ss package (old 1sb)
list price $43,490.00
your price $38,828.00 plust taxes, plate

Don't know what the 05's are going for-maybe someone else can hep with that.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Doesn't matter what they are going for now, go get you one man. your're hooked and life won't be the same until you get another one!!!!! :ssr

·
Las Vegas Mob
1,371 Posts
Great to hear from you again!

jammadave - you're tryin' to go cold turkey from an SSR addiction. Good luck, man!

Blast

·
Registered
153 Posts
jammadave said:
Hey all -

Cheers
Dave

Dave you miss your "soul mate"
The Corvette is a great car, but it's missing two things.
1. The car is over engineered to the point that the "Soul" is gone.
I like the fact the SSR was a rush job, it left the soul intact.
2. The personality of the Corvette is pure sports car, with no regard to "character". The SSR is pure "character" and unapologetic :ssr

Just My $0.02 PocoToro :seeya :leaving :party

1 - 6 of 6 Posts