Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey anyone in OHIO or southern Michigan keep your eyes open you might see a caravan of 07 SSRs. There are some Black/Silver/Blue SSRs that are right now being tested and are on the road as I write this.

One of the reasons is to see how the new 07 SSRs will stand up to the newer government safety standards coming soon. It is the little things that can be adversely affected that also must be checked out before being approved for final production. One small example is the sun visor design which needs to be checked out for proper fit and operation.

Another example would be the newer seat height due to the new redesigned floor-pan (remember the guy that told a few of us at the Dream Cruise about their new contract with GM).

Also the newer airbag seat sensors can automatically detect if a passenger is in the seat or not (Airbag “ON” or “OFF” state). I have that newer feature in my 06 H3. The weight differences might also affect deployment requirements.

So look out for the SSR caravan in your area.

·
Growing Older but Not Up
1,350 Posts
Marc NY said:
Hey anyone in OHIO or southern Michigan keep your eyes open you might see a caravan of 07 SSRs. There are some Black/Silver/Blue SSRs that are right now being tested and are on the road as I write this.

One of the reasons is to see how the new 07 SSRs will stand up to the newer government safety standards coming soon. It is the little things that can be adversely affected that also must be checked out before being approved for final production. One small example is the sun visor design which needs to be checked out for proper fit and operation.

Another example would be the newer seat height due to the new redesigned floor-pan (remember the guy that told a few of us at the Dream Cruise about their new contract with GM).

Also the newer airbag seat sensors can automatically detect if a passenger is in the seat or not (Airbag “ON” or “OFF” state). I have that newer feature in my 06 H3. The weight differences might also affect deployment requirements.
Any chance they are testing the seats for stain resistance necessary with the LS-7 engine? :lol

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Thanks for the Heads UP

Marc,

Thanks for the heads up. I saw a caravan of them back in the summer of 2004 on Mound Road. Actually they were driven daily by the GM employee Heads.
I have a feeling I'll be seeing the 2007's on Mound road aslo. I'll be watching! The GM Tech Center is at 13 and Mound.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
hotrodgirl said:
Marc,

Thanks for the heads up. I saw a caravan of them back in the summer of 2004 on Mound Road. Actually they were driven daily by the GM employee Heads.
I have a feeling I'll be seeing the 2007's on Mound road aslo. I'll be watching! The GM Tech Center is at 13 and Mound.

Don't forget to take your camera!!!!! We all can't live in MI.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Be glad you do NOT live in Michigan!!! I have for over 59 years and the good reasons to be here are dwindling. High taxes and low employment opportunities overshadow the beauty of the north which is easily exceeded anyway by getting into Ontario. We have a prettyfaced Dem guv that wants to continue to raise taxes and our unemployment rate under her watch has gone to number 50 out of 50. We are at the nat'l bottom! Our baby is in 12th grade and the realtor was here and I can see heading down to the Florida panhandle, storms or not, in less than a year. Maybe I will be driving an SSR. I hope so, but the way it is going with the wife I may need to drive something I can sleep in............. actually, I would just LOVE to live in the parking lot of the East River Smokehouse in Navarre, Florida. If anyone ever wants to know about smoked ribs.......... better than Arthur Bryant's, Jim's Rib Haven and even Dreamland's!!!!

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Danko said:
Be glad you do NOT live in Michigan!!! I have for over 59 years and the good reasons to be here are dwindling. High taxes and low employment opportunities overshadow the beauty of the north which is easily exceeded anyway by getting into Ontario. We have a prettyfaced Dem guv that wants to continue to raise taxes and our unemployment rate under her watch has gone to number 50 out of 50. We are at the nat'l bottom! QUOTE]

YOU AIN'T KIDDIN-SHE'S DONE A WHOLE LOT OF DAMAGE!!!!! IT'S ASHAME THIS USED TO BE A GREAT PLACE TO LIVE!!!!!

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,105 Posts
Phoenix Sightings????

We have the GM proving grounds east of the metropolitan Phoenix area and I'm sure there must be some 07 SSRs under test there...... If they are on the road, they are usually cloaked. Has anyone in the valley seen anything??????

Mike

·
Registered
45 Posts
'bout time on the sunvisors...

Marc NY said:
One small example is the sun visor design which needs to be checked out for proper fit and operation.
So, does this mean they are finally getting around to checking out the sun visors for proper fit and operation? I wondered why they are such pieces of crap, no one ever checked! ;)

·
Registered
178 Posts
I live a few miles from the GM proving grounds and occasionally see vehicles in the 'hood all cloaked with large pieces of black vinyl/leather over fenders, hoods, back quarterpanels, sometimes all over like a car cover. haven't seen anything like the SSR but then again would be harder to cloak don't ya think?

Coz :reddevil

·
Growing Older but Not Up
1,350 Posts
Zoom said:
Does the mean the post that the SSR is slated to die after 2006 is incorrect?

Thanks
:yesnod its hard to believe, but yes, rumors are sometimes false :lol :lol

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Coz: Years ago I worked at GMPG (Milford, MI). It was a great place to work and exciting. Rumor here in MI is that the Desert PG was up for sale and closing down. Something about the growth in your area and land value. Rumor also has it that GM wants to move the Grounds to yep, you guessed it. South of the border. Cheap labor, cheap land! I made a vac. trip out your way couple years ago and wanted to tour the Desert Grounds. As expected, 'no way'! All guards are now Pinketons. So life goes on, keep look out for those SSR and waiting your report.

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,105 Posts
I see caravans of cloaked vehicles on the freeway system here sometimes, but don't remember ever seeing any Chevrolets.... Mostly Fords and foreign stuff. I have seen some uncloaked Toyotas and Jags with data systems. Last sighted was a caravan of cloaked nondescript mini-suv's that looked like they could be anything.... Definitely not interesting.

Mike

·
Premium Member
2,320 Posts
Cloaked in the Desert

I am definitley sure that I have seen them. It was a dark night out here, no Moon, Vehicles with bright lights from the east all seemed to be in a caravan, cruising the Superstition Mountains, which is just to the North East of the Proving Grounds, by maybe 8 miles.
I am sure these new ones will be offering some heavenly options.
:glol

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
New Options Available

beer100 said:
These 07's. Are the revisions all under the skin, or will there be something noticable?
Most are under the skin changes but there will be some new mods and color combinations that will be new for 07 MY. :thumbs

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,780 Posts
Love dem ribs....

actually, I would just LOVE to live in the parking lot of the East River Smokehouse in Navarre, Florida. If anyone ever wants to know about smoked ribs.......... better than Arthur Bryant's, Jim's Rib Haven and even Dreamland's!!!![/QUOTE]

Danko...when you get down here I'll go with you to ERS. Ribs are dynoooomite. I'm only 10 miles from there.

P/P

Peace :flag

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
They take second

fjungman said:
So, does this mean they are finally getting around to checking out the sun visors for proper fit and operation? I wondered why they are such pieces of crap, no one ever checked! ;)
The visors take second to the wiper blades that you can't lift up without damage to the hood and wiper arm :cuss

1 - 20 of 22 Posts