Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
TuTone Club Member
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Signature Series #5 Still For Sale-Great Replacement for Gulf Cost Flood Damaged SSR

I am so grateful for the opportunity to experience Permagrin by owning 2 exceptional SSR's,
My first was a 2006 FPR Pacific Blue / Ricochet Silver Tutone #23355 and currently I own 2003 Signature Series #5.

Sadly, the tutone was sold in 2010. Mike Byers alerted me about Signature Series #5 within a few days of it showing up for sale and I purchased it in September of 2012. Purchasing Signature Series #5 was the restoration of my "permagrin".

Unfortunately, the media package and all the accessories are not available with the vehicle as the winning bidder who purchased the vehicle in the Dallas Mecum auction would not make it available to stay with the vehicle when he traded it as a down payment for a Land Rover in Colorado in 2012.

Signature Series #5 is in excellent shape with Mike's Simple Engineering air dam, fan and shroud upgrade as well as radiator support bracket installed in the vehicle. The hood rod was removed with the addition hood lift struts. A factory windscreen is installed. A new battery was installed in 2016.

One off wheels cut by Mike Curtis, former designer at American Hotrod - Boyd Coddington. I still have the original Speedlines as well. New tires have 4000 miles.

The original windshield was damaged and had to be replaced in 2016. New windshield banner graphics have been obtained and installed on the windshield.

Current mileage as of this posting is 20,700 miles after participating the last day of the International SSR Rally in Denison, Texas on Saturday October 7, 2017.

The vehicle is located in Northeast Texas.

Firm price is $27,000.00 with original Speedlines or $32,000.00 with One Off Customs and the Speedlines - both sets.

Gulf coast area flood damage victims, this is a great opportunity to replace your beloved SSR and own a legendary Heritage Vehicle! :purple:

Thanks!

Joseph Harris
[email protected]
936-591-5544

Attachments

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
How much are you asking?
I'm willing to sell my Signature Series #20 with the media package and pewter display and not getting any bites

Jeff

·
DFW TX Crew
1,440 Posts
Do you have an asking price or would you rather get a call and talk about that over the phone??

·
Premium Member
9,418 Posts
Sorry to see you are selling Sig 5.

Sig 5 was one of Bob McDorman's Signature purchases. He paid $75000 for it at the Kruse Scottsdale auction in 2003. He got a great deal on that one. His other trucks were $120000, $125000, and $137850.

In their efforts to get the price up, I suspect Mecum created non-existing bids, but overestimated the market at the McDorman auction. They got stuck with #3 and #5, and spent quite some effort moving them from auction to auction before they finally sold them at a loss.

I have several photos taken at the McDorman auction of the "Stars" memorabilia, the pewter model, the scrapbook and case and signed posters, all of which were with the truck when it left the McDorman property.

It's unfortunate that somewhere along the way since the McDorman auction, someone pilfered the truck's history rather than respecting it. I was never able to regain the scrapbook or any other memorabilia for Sig 12, but was at least able to get the guitar back from a less than cooperative former owner. Everything I had went with the truck when I sold it.

I hope Signature 2 meets a better fate. I also have photos of the memorabilia, and that is the most complete of the Signature Series. I would love to own that truck, but will not bid in a Mecum auction after I saw how they handled the McDorman auction.

I hope that truck stays intact. It will be extremely valuable as a resource by which to measure all other trucks for originality. Hopefully nothing on it will be modified.

·
TuTone Club Member
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How much are you asking?
I'm willing to sell my Signature Series #20 with the media package and pewter display and not getting any bites

Jeff
Thanks for sharing!
Best wishes of success in completing your sale!
Joseph

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am in the market for a SSR, and I love having the most rare or unique versions of the vehicles I own. I understand the Signature Series trucks being more expensive in the beginning, but now that the latter years have been produced with more powerful engines and manual transmissions, do the Signature Series trucks still command the highest prices?

I'm just honestly curious.

William

For my personal comparison, I own a motorcycle that is the first year, VIN #002, and was a pre-production R&D bike used to tour the country for shows and to show to journalists before production kicked off. It has a few unique parts to it, but it is only worth about $1000 more than the regular production bikes because it isn't any faster - it's just unique. I just wonder how the SSR compares since I hope to be buying one in the next few weeks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts