Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a recommended silicone gel to put on my seals (mostly for the roof/window gasket seal). Had a tube, but lost it in the house move. Chevy dealer was no help.

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt
49,603 Posts
I use 303 Aerospace Protectant and have had good success all my seals look like new !!!!!!

Reactions: Auggie Doggie

·
Daily Driver
8,980 Posts
Dupont KRYTOX GLP-205 is probably the best. Expensive, but a little goes a long ways.
They call it a Pure PFPE/PTFE grease, but a little rubbed on with a rag will protect the rubber from everything but 50 caliber armor piercing. ;)

·
Cantankerous SSR CaretakR
2,305 Posts
GM does not recommend Silicone, they recommend Krytox Oil (GM p/n 3634770), Ford's similar p/n is 164R4906 If I recall both are really DuPont Krytox GPL 105. I've used both the GM and DuPont products with great results dating back to my 2 door Cutlass Supreme days where the door glass seals and hard plastic guides would drive you nuts when they started squeaking. Krytox would cure it once and for good. Just used it to condition and get rid of squeaks on my F150 Panoramic Sunroof seals.

Some also have had good luck with nextzett 91480615 'Gummi Pflege Stift' but I stick with Krytox, not cheap but works.....

Edit-just saw Bruce's post above. The 100 series Krytox is a clear oil of varying viscosity, the 200 series is a white opaque paste, but same basic stuff

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
Sil-glyde

Many folks, me included, use Sil-glyde, made by AGS. Carried by most auto parts stores, Walmart, Amazon.

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
2,094 Posts
Don’t use silicone on door gaskets
I have used Gummi Pflege Stift for years. Available on Amazon a little goes a long way. Keeps gaskets like new and not sticky.

Reactions: TXNSSR

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
I see the KRYTOX comes either in 0.5 oz or 2.0 oz. Is the smaller size (0.5 oz) sufficient to do all the weatherstripping?

·
Daily Driver
8,980 Posts
Yeah, the half oz should do it. Amazon also has a 1.7 lb cartridge for $2,134.59. :lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts