Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sam Fowler said:
Hopefully when you get enough request you can make a batch of painted ones. It would be too difficult to get them painted.
To All: :flag
If you are interested in the Grille Bars in Silver Send me a PM and we will get it going. Same applies for the Body Color as well.

The Sale price through January 05 will still apply, but painting will be slightly additional.

Until now, most had chosen to D.I.Y. or gone to a paint shop that they already had an existing relationship with ...........

Lately, we are receiving more contact regarding the OEM color match.........

Let me know, we will set up a price structure for the OEM silver and color matches.

We will offer this option to be available for the Grille Work, and Rear Cooling Vents.

(BTW) I was recently asked about the Cooling Vents in regards to:
whether they "required" you to make the fender cut to be fully functional or if they could be used as "show". These vents are designed to be used either way. You may order them as the "Add On" or "Functional" (If you use the Add-On style, they look really nice with a Black Mesh behind them to appear as if the hole IS there)

You asked.........you are getting!! :) :thumbs :) Hope this helps!!

If only everything else worked that way!!! ;)
I wanted the Winning Lotto ticket for Christmas :rolleyes: Maybe the third time is my charm :) - next year

·
Registered
64 Posts
Are you talking about a chrome cover to go over the orginal plastic ones??

Let me know..........

thanks

JimP

·
Registered
186 Posts
Grill

Yes Axiom iam also real interested in a chrome grill.I think we have a guy Jim Thurman from LA hope iam right but he had all chrome sure would make a big difference then i wouldn't have to think about chrome wheels so much.Also if we could get chrome door handles then we could finish it off with the chrome billet gas door.Not to mention someone should be working on chrome under the hood ya you guessed it I Love Chrome.So lets see if someone has the answer out there.Thanks Doug. :thumbs

·
Registered
213 Posts
And where did you get that?

Jim, please tell where that item can be acquired and how much.

Richard :)

·
Registered
413 Posts
how much for silver bars and where can I see a pic

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pre Painted Satin Silver to Match OEM Top Bar

To All: MATCHING THE SATIN SILVER OEM TOP GRILLE BAR

The PAINTED option we will begin with- is to match your oem top grille bar.
If you are interested in purchasing the Grille Set, and want to Match what exists in the OEM color - Here's what we can do to get them PrePainted for you to order...

Since the Grille Pieces and OEM bar on OURs have been painted over, we will need:​

A Virgin ;) or Damaged Donor bar for the Spectro Color Formula Match process.

One person who will be purchasing the Grille Set, will need to forward the OEM Top Bar, we will then get the Matching Formula for the OEM Satin Silver from it, and Paint the 3 Axiom pieces for you, and your OEM piece will be returned along with your newly MATCHED Painted pieces.

This lucky person will get a good little bonus :)

The rest of you will then be able to purchase these !!! (In the OEM Silver Match), and they will be painted by Axiom at an addtional cost. Now you can order them to arrive PrePainted ready to install :) :) :)

For the Person who is interested in the opportunity - the OEM bar is simple to remove and will be returned in perfect condition - our paint shop will be getting an "image" of its color for computerized formulation.

So If you want to consider this option, PM me and we'll get going. The Sale thru January still applies, and you will get a special bonus for offering yours as the Donor!!!! What a deal!!

Were in So Cal, if your close and don't mind loaning your top bartemporarily- to get a better deal and a Pre Painted OEM paint match.........lets go! :cool :flag

CHROME? At this time we will not be doing the Plating Arrangements.

It may be something we'll entertain when we receive more interest - as it requires core and shipping processes.

Attachments

·
Registered
413 Posts
again i ask how much

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How Much?

How Much? Orig. $330.00 on current New Year Sale = $264.00 + S/H
+ Paint(Optional in the Satin Silver OEM Match Only)-

Yes they are to place over your existing Grille bars and provide a pronounced sharper design match to the Top OEM Bar. Similar to the crisp Escalade grille.

As described below in this thread,

We will start offering the Pre Painted" option- only in the Satin Silver for now.

Shipping quotes are provided if you can PM your Zip Code to me. :)

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,781 Posts
Axiom, am interested....couple questions.....

How will the finished bars attach to the in-place grille bars? I assume the material you will use is plastic for these pieces...correct?.

Let me check how difficult removing the top bar is before I commit to providing the "sample" unit.

Thanxx...P/P

Peace :flag

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here's some tidbits from a few different threads to answer some of these questions....

They are made of: HiTemp Epoxy Fiberglass and arrive in white base gelcoat finish ready for prep/paint

Type of Application: They are caps There is a recess that allows them to fit right inside the grille, meeting face flush, and matching the depth of the original grille bars to blend and appear original. Very simple to do in about 10 minutes. They weigh nearly nothing, which is great for shipping (can barely feel any weight in your hand)

How to Apply: Automotive Double Stick Tape, Adhesives, Automotive/Industrial Velcro and a few other options.....all of which are designed to be removed. (We send a list of the preferred branded products to use, with your purchase)

These pieces were designed to match the top bar shape and provide a more "proud" effect (the OEM grille seems muted into the OEM fascia) Also in the event that one chose to add the custom fascia, you can take the grille pieces off the stock fascia and add them to your new fascia.​

And to add....if you chose to go with our custom fascia (simple replacement), you can retain your original fascia to reinstall upon trade in if you wanted. The fascia is a simple bolt on item. No alterations.

How Easy To Remove Top Grille Bar? :
In the owners manual in the section on changing/replacing running lights. There is a section on how to remove the Top bar to get to the lights… It begins with removing the Two screws mentioned in the manual.
Once you have the two screws out........there are only 3 little metal tension clips holding it in and a bit of velcro on each headlamp. It doesn't take much force.....pull on the bar towards yourself and the clips will collapse and come out. You may need to assist them from the backside a bit. The velcro is not too strong, its just the tension clips that need assistance sometimes.

I hope this covers most of the F.A.Q.'s :)

Thanks for all the questions! Glad you all are going to get to have Fun with this Satin Silver option!! It's going to be fun to see everyone's new looks this summer at the get togethers!!

Okay, now I'm out of breath...... :willy: :) :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Silver grill

Sure would like to see some pics on a ride with color. This sounds cool but I do not really know what it looks like. I am interested. :confused

Axiom we are getting more snow today! A winter storm warning has been issued. I was surprised how well the Redline got around in the snow. When I put it out in the yard for the picture I thought I would get stuck. I guess 5000lbs and wide tires is a good thing. I tried to do a donut and had to turn the TC off and it worked pretty well.

Mike

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
BroncoSSR said:
Sure would like to see some pics on a ride with color. This sounds cool but I do not really know what it looks like. I am interested. :confused

Axiom we are getting more snow today! A winter storm warning has been issued. I was surprised how well the Redline got around in the snow. When I put it out in the yard for the picture I thought I would get stuck. I guess 5000lbs and wide tires is a good thing. I tried to do a donut and had to turn the TC off and it worked pretty well.

Mike
Whooo Hooo! Now THAT's what I miss!!! Good Ole Donuts - that was always the best!!!! I bet it was a blast!!! A Big "Red" Snow Blower!!! :) :)

Have some fun fer me too!!! Ya need to have a partner shoot some "Donut Action" Pictures!!! :yesnod

Keep Warm, Have Fun, and Be Safe!!!!

In our site, there is an option to see what the Grille Pieces look like in a solid color. I would suggest clicking on the little blue, red or yellow colored ones.
They are painted the body color instead of silver. American Racing did theirs in All Black, looked really sharp. :) They are a very cool way to give it some bite.

S

·
0 Posts
I guess I misunderstood. I wanted something "finished" that I could install over the factory grills that would "match" what was on the vehicle. :(
I want them to cover the "factory" spaces, not "jut" out to the sides.
I want them to look like the guy who did his in tape, they look like a million bucks!!! :cheers
And still give it the "factory" look. :agree

·
Registered
395 Posts
Axiom Grille

SAM;
I think you want exactly what AXIOM is making , his three satin chrome bars will fit directly over the three body color bars below the OEM factory bar giving you the full grille appearance. Look at AXIOM'S web site he has some good pictures that show the whole set up. :seeya

·
Registered
347 Posts
Chrome Grill

Hi All,
I was reading this, and was wondering how many people would really pay for a real chrome grill. I hand made mine out of steel then had it chromed. I made templates of everything thinking I would later make them out of abs and have it chromed, Still thinking about doing it. If you want look at my car and tell me what you think.
Ken

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Ken Thurm said:
Hi All,
I was reading this, and was wondering how many people would really pay for a real chrome grill. I hand made mine out of steel then had it chromed. I made templates of everything thinking I would later make them out of abs and have it chromed, Still thinking about doing it. If you want look at my car and tell me what you think.
Ken
If I chromed one thing I would have to chrome it all, Don't know if I am ready to go that far. :lol :seeya

·
Registered
347 Posts
thats one of the problems with making changes I even chromed the bezels on the fog lights on the bottom. I felt it wouldn't look right if I didn't.
Thanks for your reply

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
I am sure you have heard the term All Show and No Go. Maybe I will just add HP and no one will be the wiser :lol

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,833 Posts
Oh Ya Baby!

Chrome works for me. And now the my gears are spinning on tail lights ... Mmm may go caddy ... or ? ..... I was just going to pinstripe a design on the stock one's But now ??? :eek

1 - 20 of 57 Posts