Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend that called me last night and said he wandered across this site. He asked me to help him figure out where people were getting the silver grills. Since he is computer challenged, I agreed to help him. I see by searching the posts that someone discussed putting vinyl on the grill to add a bit more excitement - versus buying an actual silver grill.

My question is - does anybody know what this looks like a few months later? Does the vinyl stick for enough time to make it worth the $200 or so it will cost him? I would use the Oracal 851 Silver Grey tape as discussed.

Thanks for the help! I see by many of the others posts that you guys really like these trucks??? Hummm - I drive a Caravan and Neon so I guess I wouldn't fit in real well here. You seem like a great bunch of guys so I was hoping for some advice for my computer challenged friend!

Thanks!
Bill

·
Registered
45 Posts
silver grill

Can't speak for longevity. Looks good, but a personal thing. Makes it look more like a truck to me. Check out QWKSSR- his avatar (little picture next to his posts) has a silver grill.

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
Silver Grille

vannurden said:
I have a friend that called me last night and said he wandered across this site. He asked me to help him figure out where people were getting the silver grills. Since he is computer challenged, I agreed to help him. I see by searching the posts that someone discussed putting vinyl on the grill to add a bit more excitement - versus buying an actual silver grill.

My question is - does anybody know what this looks like a few months later? Does the vinyl stick for enough time to make it worth the $200 or so it will cost him? I would use the Oracal 851 Silver Grey tape as discussed.

Thanks for the help! I see by many of the others posts that you guys really like these trucks??? Hummm - I drive a Caravan and Neon so I guess I wouldn't fit in real well here. You seem like a great bunch of guys so I was hoping for some advice for my computer challenged friend!

Thanks!
Bill
I have the silver vinyl on my grille; I like the fact that it looks more like a truck. Guess that is a personal thing. This vinyl has at least a three year life, maybe five. An individual with no experience most likely cannot apply this. Sign people and tinters are your best bet. :seeya HTH, Don

·
Registered
30 Posts
Silver Grill

Instead of a covering, I'd opt for a good paint job. I had mine painted and clear coated to look "original". Cost $250. Yep, now it looks like a true retro grill. FYI. Drive Safe

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
Yes, but....

CARNUT said:
Instead of a covering, I'd opt for a good paint job. I had mine painted and clear coated to look "original". Cost $250. Yep, now it looks like a true retro grill. FYI. Drive Safe
I can peel mine ($200) off in a matter of minutes to return to the original at zero cost ($0)! $500 total if you want to return yours.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
grill

i was wondering if there were any billet grills that insert instead of those plastic beehive ones. the vinyl looks nice, i think im going to try it. thanks for the tips.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Silver Grille Bars

The way they are creating accessories for the SSR I would believe they will offer them from the dealer soon. That way they are sure to match the rest of the bright work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts