Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have started contacting dealers here in Florida. One guy has a silver one with most options on it that he offered to me for $1000 under MSRP. I really want a red one, not silver. If anyone is interested email me and I'll forward the info to you. Now, if I could only find a red one at that price.

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm trying to stay in Florida if I can. Going to Texas and picking it up or having it shipped would eat up a good portion of the savings. I can get a 2004 here for MSRP with no problem and order a 2005 how I want also at MSRP. I am kicking around the idea of waiting and getting the 6.0 with only the options I really want on it. I plan on this being a long term vehicle so waiting another couple months if necessary shouldn't be a problem. Except when I hear you guys talking about how much fun you are having. :cheers

·
Registered
705 Posts
I won't take a silver one for free, too blaaaah....OK maybe for free

·
Premium Member
9,217 Posts
Hey, Red - enough of the strongly negative opinions already!!!!

I saw a silver in a showroom, and thought it was a knockout - maybe not everyone's first choice, but a great looking truck. You had said previously silver wasn't the right color for a $50000 truck - I just got back from the Vancouver Car Show - the two priciest cars in the show were a Mayback and the new Lamborghini - both in silver.

You said yellow was too loud - but everyone with a yellow loves it, and the one I've located is yellow - really looking forward to driving it.

You ragged on anyone who would stoop so low as to get a purple one - my wife loves it and thinks it's the greatest. I've seen a couple in showrooms, and the sales guys are probably still wiping drool off of it. I'd have one in a heartbeat.

I'm a big fan of red also - my wife's ride is red, and my original factory order was red - but it'd be a downright boring world if we all had the same thing.

I was going to post this last week, after the comment about straight guys, but held off till this latest comment- you've had a lot of questions along the way, and this site has been really helpful to you. You got nothing but sympathy when you took out the back fender with your garage door, but you turn around and bite the guys and gals helping you out..

It's great to have varying opinions, but dull the knife a little!!!!

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Ahhhhh! Flash

You seem like a nice guy, thanks for taking up for us:grouphug I think the silver is perfect background for a great paint scheme. Yellow (my truck) is a lot harder to come up with something tastefull. I too am glad that everyone has different tastes. I would love to see all the colors next to each other. I can't wait til we can all meet and stare at our rides.:cool

S

·
0 Posts
$1,000 under MSRP IN DALLAS

I bought mine for a $1,000 below MSRP from Brian Prosser in Dallas. They had red,black and silver. Give him a call. Tell him I sent you so I can get a refferal fee. I was in and out in no time. His number is 972-952-1551.:cheers

S

·
0 Posts
Do you want a red one...

I know a guy in Dallas that can help you out and there is a red one instock. Let me know if you want his information and I will forward it to you. You can e-mail me privately if you would like as well at [email protected].
:cool

S

·
0 Posts
$650.00 shipping from Texas to Florida.

This place inDallas just shipped two to California for $650 a piece. I'll bet they can work it into the deal and have it delivered to your door step. How is that for service. Every neighbor would be wiping off the drool. Give him a call...see what he can do.
Brian (972-952-1551). Doesn't hurt to ask and at least you will know.:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts