Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
SSR Enthusiast
2004 Chevrolet SSR #10111 Ricochet Silver
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to remove the running boards from my 2004 R and I’m looking to sell them. They are in great structural shape but could use a repaint. The black rubber inserts on the top are in excellent shape with just a few small imperfections (please see pictures). All brackets and hardware are included and are also in great condition. I’m asking $300 for the set but would prefer not to ship due to the cost (at least $100). I’m in the Miami/south Florida area, so If any of you Florida fanatics are in need of a set, please give me a holler. Also open to trades of similar value for chrome engine accessories, crossmember, etc). Eventually the $ will go to simple-engineering for more upgrades ?
Thanks for looking,
Bee

Attachments

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Ya might want to hang on to them. I took mine off shortly after I got my truck and ran without them for a while. They were looking a little tired so I just set them aside. A few months later I began to feel like the truck was looking naked. I didn't want to put the boards back on in the shape they were in and I didn't want to repaint them only to have them get scuffed up again. I ended up having them sprayed with Line-X bed liner spray. I put them back on and love them. They have a rugged look to them which I think goes well with the truck and they are tough as nails.

I'm not suggesting this is what you might want to do but I am suggesting you might want to hang on to them in case you change you mind at some point.

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
I like the looks without the running board. Shows more curves and god knows i love a curvy body. In the image with my son, the lines at the back of the front fender just catch my eye, then the way the rear fender flares out....

:yesnod:blur:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,501 Posts
Ya might want to hang on to them.
I am suggesting you might want to hang on to them in case you change you mind at some point.
:agree :agree If you don't need the $$$ hang on to them. If you change your mind in the future, you may not find any, AND----may have to pay more for them

PS if you haven't looked/compared an SSR that has the Tucked and Lowered Brackets on the Running Boards--DO IT. To me the brackets makes a lot of difference, Better/Improvement, in appearance and easier getting in and out of the SSR.

Nick

·
Premium Member
3,849 Posts
I say thats a give away price for everything, keep them for a few weeks as if you change your mind you might end up paying nearly double to replace them (with Shipping)

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,206 Posts
The side body and fenders get pretty beat up without them. The truck was supposed to look like a 49 Chevy and it came with boards. It is your truck. Do what you want.

Reactions: Bee75 and DOOPHUS

·
Slingshot Rules!
73,830 Posts
The side body and fenders get pretty beat up without them. The truck was supposed to look like a 49 Chevy and it came with boards. It is your truck. Do what you want.
Very valid point, Auggie . . .

When I was first "bitten" by the SSR Bug, it was either NO Running Boards or Silver Finish Boards . . . no Body Color.

I preferred the No Board Look until I witnessed the nasty "body road rash" due to the absence of boards. Then I discovered and adopted The Doophus, the first SSR I had ever seen with Slingshot Yellow Running Boards.

The rest is history.

! :surprise: ! :cheers ! :surprise: ! :cheers ! :surprise: !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts