Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my silver 04 in for its first oil change.Sounds like a easy job .Got it back from the Chevy dealer here in La Quinta Ca. Water spots,Grease spots on the interior and a broken clip that holds the hood arm in place.I guess I should have done it myself.(watch that white clip, it will break when the hood is closed if the hood arm is not in it !! :boxing

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,840 Posts
Ouch!

Wow sorry to hear that your dealer's service people weren't careful with your new SSR. I would talk to the service manager and tell him you didn't appreciate that you received your SSR in that condition. I would then recommend that you ask for them to clean/ detail your car for you now or the next time you come back in. If you cleaned yourself then I would ask for a discount on your next service in their shop. (if you feel you are getting lip service go speak to the owner)

If he doesn't give you a "super" nice apology then I would tell him that their Customer Survey Satisfaction card "WILL" reflect their poor customer service with you.

Ps Every dealer management/ owner reads the feedback area in those surveys. That is one big measurement that GM uses in rating their dealerships.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Marc NY said:
Wow sorry to hear that your dealer's service people weren't careful with your new SSR. I would talk to the service manager and tell him you didn't appreciate that you received your SSR in that condition. I would then recommend that you ask for them to clean/ detail your car for you now or the next time you come back in. If you cleaned yourself then I would ask for a discount on your next service in their shop. (if you feel you are getting lip service go speak to the owner)

If he doesn't give you a "super" nice apology then I would tell him that their Customer Survey Satisfaction card "WILL" reflect their poor customer service with you.

Ps Every dealer management/ owner reads the feedback area in those surveys. That is one big measurement that GM uses in rating their dealerships.
Good advice Marc!
I had a similar problem when I took my SSR in for A/C problem. I had asked that they change the oil too while it was there.

Not only did they keep the car for 3 days, they did not change the oil and when I got it back, the change drawer in the dash wouldn't open (it is wedged shut from when they replaced the dash after working on the A/C), the cupholder barely opens, and the chrome was all smeared and greasy. I was very, very unhappy.
I was also told by my Service writer that I would be getting a survey and he would appreciate it if I answered everything as Completely Satisfied. Said if I could do that, "it wouldn't hurt him personally". When I found all these problems, I called to let him know about them and to let him know I surely couldn't answer any survey as completely satisfied unless/until I actually was completely satisfied.
He was very, very apologetic, said I would get a free oil change and that he wanted me to bring the car back in ASAP so they can fix the problems.
I think that survey must have some bearing on their performance rating, raise, bonus, etc. Not sure, but he was very willing to do whatever necessary to make sure I was satisfied. :ssr

·
Registered
192 Posts
deli1914 said:
Took my silver 04 in for its first oil change.Sounds like a easy job .Got it back from the Chevy dealer here in La Quinta Ca. Water spots,Grease spots on the interior and a broken clip that holds the hood arm in place.I guess I should have done it myself.(watch that white clip, it will break when the hood is closed if the hood arm is not in it !! :boxing

I've had so many experiences like that, that I do all my own work if I can.

Here is my last scary story. I bought an F350 with the 6.0L turbo diesel in May 03. Went into the dealer to get the tranny filter (AMSOIL didn't have one yet) in prep for a tranny fluid change at 30k miles. Parts guy tells me to come back tomorrow. I come back and he hands me some huge internal filter that is good for the life of the truck. I tell him I don't want that one, I tell him I want the inline cooler filter. He asks why? I tell him the owners manual says to change it with tranny fluid change every 30k miles. He tells me I don't need one, calls in the Service Manager. He too tells me I don't need the filter. I get my owners manual and show it to both of them. Hmmm.... they say. We've never done that before.... :eek

Wonder how many F350s are running around in Memphis with really old tranny fluid filters? I can't be their first customer to put 30k miles on one... :lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts