Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello SSR fanatics out there in "R"Land! I just wanted to take a quick moment to praise one of our outstanding SSR Fanatics for his personal passion for his SSR and his compassion for us fanatics for the many help aids he has created for us "R" owners. I am referring to "Dicktator", I just received his repair kit for the bed light fix, neatly packaged in a plastic bag with the new fuse for R & R #40 fuse box behind passenger seat, and a neat little led light that fits inside the current dome light cover for a brighter and safer lighting, free of any chance of over heating and causing a potential fire in our trucks due to a bad connection and a over fused power line. Very cool Dick, I am late to the party,as I see this was discovered a few years ago, but never the less, a good preventive measure to take , IMO, for a small price. Kudo's to Dicktator for all his repair notices on our SSR repair library. Priceless information for all of us SSR Fanatics for sure!! :)

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,641 Posts
Dick for putting the kit together, and Ed for figuring all this electrical stuff out. Dynamic duo for sure. :cheers
Yes, Ed Borland discovered the electrical "error" GM made. One of Florida R's, Jim Black had a fire.
He told us his Roof Stopped working, Ed and I looked at it and Ed spotted the problem right away. Little research, Ed came up with fix and asked me to help with kits.

Dicktator

·
RedHotSSR
605 Posts
R Hall of Fame

Two more 1st ballot inductees 0:)into the "SSR Hall of Fame" Thanks for all you guys have and continue to do to keep us on the road.:grin2:

·
Registered
16 Posts
The knowledge i have gained on SSRs through Dicktators library cannot be measured. He is a great asset to all SSR owners with his information and providing help.

·
Daily Driver
8,940 Posts
Frequently a bunch of guys will gather in someone's garage bench racing or working on somebody's car. They put their heads together and solve any problem that comes up. We keep reinventing the wheel.

Dick hosts many of these gatherings, but instead of the problems solved fading away in time and beer, Dick has gone to extraordinary lengths to document these solutions. This resulted in the fantastic resource library available to any and all, not only SSR owners but dealers and mechanics/techs everywhere. It's made affording these old trucks possible for many of us. :grouphug

·
Premium Member
9,312 Posts
Frequently a bunch of guys will gather in someone's garage bench racing or working on somebody's car. They put their heads together and solve any problem that comes up. We keep reinventing the wheel.

Dick hosts many of these gatherings, but instead of the problems solved fading away in time and beer and ice cream, Dick has gone to extraordinary lengths to document these solutions. This resulted in the fantastic resource library available to any and all, not only SSR owners but dealers and mechanics/techs everywhere. It's made affording these old trucks possible for many of us. :grouphug
You forgot the ice cream, so I added it.:laugh:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts