Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since driving thru a snowstorm with crushed lava rock on the roadway, (compliments of CalTrans) destroyed the bottom half of my paint, I am going to have to re-paint. Sooo, should I:

1. Go back to the stock AquaBlur

2. Go Tu-Tone AquaBlur over Ricochet Silver

3. ?????

·
Registered
2005 SSR
436 Posts

Flame it, in Black, over original color.

No, ghost flames, in purple.

Oh, it just came to me, designer paint job in yellow and silver.

If it doesn't turn out, drive it through a snow storm.

Driving a Hot Rod
Skip

·
Premium Member
2006 Aqua Blur 22578
1,437 Posts
Insurance?

Just curious...is this covered under comprehensive insurance? Seems like it should be.

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Short Answer is Yes

ssr blur said:
Just curious...is this covered under comprehensive insurance? Seems like it should be.
It didn't seem to be covered in specific language, since they cover paint from "missiles" thrown or made airborne by another vehicle, but were confused about debris thrown by the insured vehicle. I explained to them that part of the damage was done by cars passing me so they agreed it would be covered.

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
Keep it original. Or do a two tone as the factory would sell. I may at some time "black tie" my silver Truck and paint the hood roof and rear cover black.

·
Resident Rocket Scientist
11,997 Posts
Do whatever paint that makes you happy. Since you are the owner and driver you need to like it. Then enjoy it.:cool

·
Registered
643 Posts
License to have some fun!

You may want to keep it forever, however, for resale most would question a repaint unless it was custom. I wouldn't even repeat the reason for the repaint.
With that in mind, go nuts! Here's your chance to have some fun... the factory paint schemes are way too conservative for the SSR

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,268 Posts
My two cents

I'd go to the Aqua Blur over silver. The factory was going to offer it, but to my knowledge it has yet to be seen anywhere. The interior parts stay the upper color and that would suit your needs just fine.

If you decide to do this, get some photos of how the factory makes the two-tone break across door jams and tail gate. You should also look at how they treat the hood hinge area.. Maybe that would settle your decision a little.

Your truck, your choice. Fairly fresh palet to work from....

Mike

·
Registered
150 Posts
If I Had The Chance

John317 , I Wish I Could Have Bought My 05 Ssr In The Color My 00 Vette
Was In "magnetic Red". Maybe Some Day My Dream Will Come True.
Your Ssr May Not Be Original , But You Will. And I Know You Will Be
Envied By Anyone Who Sees That Color On Our Ssr's

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I'm not a fan of changing the color of a vehicle unless it's going to be stripped first. Every chip in the new paint is going to let the original color show thru.

Some colors can make a good sublayer - silver in particular is good under a variaty of transparant overcoats.

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Vettegirl

vettegirl said:
We saw an Aqua Blur/Silver this weekend, it was beautiful! I would do that. :seeya
That is the way I have been leaning, I think you might have just tipped me over.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Art,

I sure like the thought of the blue over silver. That would be classy, especially with a (brighter) blue pinstripe to separate the two colors.

·
Registered
501 Posts
colors

Here you go.Why not go retro with a sea foam green lower half and a cream white hood and top?
Man that would be the coolest!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts