Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to the August 22nd Issue of Automotive News, the SSR is slated to die at the end of 2006 model year. What does that do to the value of the SSR?

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Hmmmm

We heard rumors about the 2007 at Lansing......

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Zorro said:
According to the August 22nd Issue of Automotive News, the SSR is slated to die at the end of 2006 model year. What does that do to the value of the SSR?

I heard from a pretty good source on Saturday of the Woodward Dream Cruise that this is correct. Hopefully it will increase the value. I wasn't going to post anything about it. But, since I see others are hearing the samething I guess it doesn't matter.

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,611 Posts
Model Year 07

looking4_an_ssr said:
We heard rumors about the 2007 at Lansing......
Yes that is what I heard also... :)
hotrodgirl said:
I heard from a pretty good source on Saturday of the Woodward Dream Cruise that this is correct. Hopefully it will increase the value. I wasn't going to post anything about it. But, since I see others are hearing the samething I guess it doesn't matter.
This was heard around Woodward on Saturday "There will be a change in the SSR floor pan..." yes, someone was heard saying that at the Chevy Triangle area. :) They were telling a small select group of people that they had just gotten a request to come up with a new design SSR floor pan that has to be ready in 31 weeks.

Hmmmmmm could that mean a new change in the works for 2007 MY SSRs? ;)

·
Registered
740 Posts
I don't think the fact of $3/gal gasoline has quite sank in yet. Once it does, tho, gas guzzler's are going to be dirt cheap, as people discover that the 200 or 300 per month they're paying for gas could pay for a new fuel efficent car. At the same time, anyone buying a new vehicle is going to be trying to buy something much more fuel efficent than the other cars they own.

There's no way they're going to be producing the 12 mpg SSR in 2007.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Slated to Die

It's there under GM's High Expectations. You must subscribe to read the entire article. Kiss the 2007 Good Bye.

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,825 Posts

Thanks for that addtion ... smartcars (tin cans) are o.k. for in town use, I guess. But I would not want to take them out on the interstate. There will always be a market for those who think like me. I have work cars and play cars.

·
Registered
740 Posts
REBEL said:
Thanks for that addtion ... smartcars (tin cans) are o.k. for in town use, I guess. But I would not want to take them out on the interstate. There will always be a market for those who think like me. I have work cars and play cars.
Well, there'll be sometimes you won't want to pay 2 or 3 hundred for gas for one of those interstate trips. Sure, for a trip to Disney. But for that interstate trip to visit some friends, you might want to use the cheaper work car.

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts

SSR Change.........................OH YES

And what a change it will be.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Work and Play Cars Absolutely!!!

REBEL said:

Work Cars and Play Cars-Absolutely!!!! :yesnod :yesnod :yesnod

That's the only way to go!!! :agree :agree

:seeya E :seeya

Orange SSR :ssr

·
Registered
255 Posts
Looks like we were at a funeral?

I guess all those that went to the one and maybe the only "SSR" homecoming, were actually at a funeral instead.

If it was, it was one hell of funeral!

Had a great time and met a great bunch of SSR owners. It's the owners that make the brand.

We should all be so lucky that when they kill off a product, they have as wonderful a send off as they had on August 19 at Lansing. Maybe the only thing missing was the burning up of an SSR, being cast off down I-96 or I-696, like at a Viking funeral.

SSR doesn't have to be killed off.

More than 90% of the fun is the looks, the feel and sound of the SSR.

Super straight line performance, it never had and doesn't have to have to be successful. With the higher performance engined ones they built for 05, they sold less than the original engined ones. So people didn't buy it because it was going to go like a rocket and have a "corvette" motor.

I like the looks, the convertible top and carrying capability over "sports car".

What Chevy needs to do is put a version of their 2006 Impala V-8 engine, with the 4-8 cylinder technology in the SSR. Save some fuel, but keep the sound with a tuned exhaust and lower the price.

If they had to, they could build it at lower cost with less as standard, e.g., the leather seats, etc. so it would be more affordable and more would be out there. Build it up through options.

That would keep the present SSR line going on for years.

However, if it does die, we are assured of owning a classic, that in years to come will only go up in value.

So for those that don't have one, and are thinking about getting one, now is the time to do it.

Carl

·
Registered
579 Posts
Confused

I am confused by the various posts on this topic. Marc says that he heard that thay they were going to design a new "floor pan" for the SSR. Then others say that there will be no 2007 version. :confused

What really is the straight skinny (straight story)?

If the SSR really is laid to rest will the tink ever be solved? Will the overheating ever be solved? There is no incentive to eliminate these things.

Confused but not Dazed

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
No 2007 SSR Van Or Panel????

Zorro said:
If it's true............it might go up...:rolleyes:

Just see what happens, anyway I still going to keep mine for a long time.:ssr

RickSSR :cool

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,611 Posts
MY 2007 is already in the works...

ECurtis said:
I am confused by the various posts on this topic.

... What really is the straight skinny (straight story)?
If the SSR really is laid to rest will the tink ever be solved?
Hey, one never knows what will happen in the market place. :confused

That being said, if GM was indeed planning on "killing off" the SSR I would think they wouldn't have already started to make plans to meet the newest 2007 Safety Crash requirements. As one vendor has alreday stated they have just contracted them to redesign the floor pan in time for more pilots that need to be built for testing.

They have already built some 07's for some early testing of the newer safety standards that will come into play for the MY 2007. That is one reason for the newer floor pan design coming out in 07.

Tink issue... what I have heard is the tink issue varies between SSRs and it is suppose to be solved (more on that later).

·
Registered
165 Posts
That really sucks if it is true and the SSR will die after 2006. I wonder how the sales of other companies "unique" vehicles are doing?
I guess we can hope it develops the same mystique as the Buick Grand Nationals after their mighty reign. :mad

·
Registered
579 Posts
Thank Mark

Marc NY said:
Hey, one never knows what will happen in the market place. :confused

That being said, if GM was indeed planning on "killing off" the SSR I would think they wouldn't have already started to make plans to meet the newest 2007 Safety Crash requirements. As one vendor has alreday stated they have just contracted them to redesign the floor pan in time for more pilots that need to be built for testing.

They have already built some 07's for some early testing of the newer safety standards that will come into play for the MY 2007. That is one reason for the newer floor pan design coming out in 07.

Tink issue... what I have heard is the tink issue varies between SSRs and it is suppose to be solved (more on that later).

Thanks Mark

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,825 Posts

Bob W. did send his engineers over to look at my modified hood for some reason.

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,825 Posts

OH! And on gas cost ... look at the boys in France, England, Germany, Switzerland, all have higher gas prices than us, and they pay extra to buy and have these gas guzzlers shipped to them. All in the small countries with narrow roads, where you can cross their entire countries in an afternoon. Why?
On Woodward this weekend there was cars that would be lucky to get 10mpg and some that run on aviation fuel. Why? hotrods and rock n roll will never die.
We can take the 8”s out and put 4 and 6 cylinders in the vet”s also and watch the blood fly. :lol
We will just have get Jim G. to find a gear for you, so you can get 30 mpg. :seeya
this is a friendly battle of words here, If I start to tick you off say so :thumbs

1 - 20 of 62 Posts