Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a slight visual irritation that I'm reminded of whenever I get in the R and sometimes is noticed by my passenger. The issue is a very slight curl of the bottom left corner of the edge of the passenger airbag cover. I can push it in and make it flush with the surrounding dash but it always comes back out. I'm thinking maybe heating the corner a little with a hair dryer and temporarily wedging something in the gap to see if it will hold that position. Any other thoughts on this?

Dave

·
Super Moderator
13,908 Posts
I have a slight visual irritation that I'm reminded of whenever I get in the R and sometimes is noticed by my passenger. The issue is a very slight curl of the bottom left corner of the edge of the passenger airbag cover. I can push it in and make it flush with the surrounding dash but it always comes back out. I'm thinking maybe heating the corner a little with a hair dryer and temporarily wedging something in the gap to see if it will hold that position. Any other thoughts on this?

Dave
I have noticed that as well in many pictures.
I often wonder if it is a result of previous dash removal.

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have noticed that as well in many pictures.
I often wonder if it is a result of previous dash removal.
That would be my first thought also, but the original/previous owner claims it has never been apart. I may go the hair dryer route and see if that works.

Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts