Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
The other day my gearbox (auto) started slipping on the highest gear when I accelerated slightly from 68 mph.
Is this a known issue when it comes to SSR's?
What to do to fix it?
//Lennart

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,908 Posts
Most obvious would be to make sure fluid is full and clean. How many miles are on the truck and has the transmission been serviced? Fluid and filter changed? With the automatics probably best to take it to a good shop and also have codes checked. These are electronically controlled so like Dicktator said it maybe an electrical problem.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank's for your answers
Fluid seems to be OK, so I will try the ignition switch.
Mainly because it is relatively simple and cheap.
If that does not help, it will be a good workshop.
//Lennart

·
BLU SSR
3,660 Posts
What year is your SSR? 05 and 06's have a Transmission control module that can cause it to go in and out of gear rapidly that may seem like slipping?? It is usually accompanied by other problems but without being there to see it ....

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank's SSReplay
All sugestions are appreciated
It's a 05. I will check that
Where is the TCM located?
I have replaced the ignition switch without any result
For the moment I am checking the servo
I thought that that it would be easier than take the whole tranny away
But it is a hell of a work, due to my crowded exhaust system with cut outs to the sidepipes.
There is pipes all ower the place

//Lennart

·
BLU SSR
3,660 Posts
Do a search for my thread about the failure of my TCM on my 05, it includes pictures of the TCM and a video of when mine was acting up going down the highway at about 50 MPH. The TCM is located under the hood, drivers side, in the area of the washer fluid tank. The pictures in the thread will help locate it. By the way, mine was just fine when I started it the next day, but I changed it anyway! Hope this helps, as with any problem it will be easier to find when it is not intermittent.
Jim - SSReplay
Title of my thread is - HELP - 05 TCM part # needed

·
Premium Member
04 SSR
3,375 Posts

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Greg
I have scanned with my HP Tuner. It shows:
ECM: 7E8: P0690 ECM / PCM Power relay Sense Circuit High (Pending)
It's hard to find a competent transmission tech here, so I hope you can give me some advice on what's wrong and what to do.
//Lennart

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am taking part in the exciting quiz
Hmmm ...
The servo !?
//Lennart

·
Premium Member
04 SSR
3,375 Posts
Greg
I have scanned with my HP Tuner. It shows:
ECM: 7E8: P0690 ECM / PCM Power relay Sense Circuit High (Pending)
It's hard to find a competent transmission tech here, so I hope you can give me some advice on what's wrong and what to do.
//Lennart
Does it happen every time you drive it?
I would like to see if the P0690 goes from a pending code to a current or history code. Does your tuner provide access to freeze frames -- if yes, see what conditions the car was under (engine rpm and vehicle speed) when the code triggered. Then drive the car a few more times under these conditions and recheck codes after problem occurs. No freeze frame info - drive a few more times when problem exists and recheck codes.
I would also check any electrical connections that were made when installing your supercharger.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Autoprof
I dont know if the tuner provide access to freeze frames (actually, I don't know what freeze frames is), but I will check that.
All electric connections that were made during the installation are now soldered. It was this winter's winter project. Including lifting the SC away for acces ...

For the moment, the plan is to:
1. Replace the relay that the tuner indicates is the problem (I will get a new one tomorrow)
2. check the servo (Not that I think there is a problem with it, but mostly because it is easy accessable and easy to check)
3. Screw back all the exhaust pipes I unscrewed for a whole day (This is the most difficult part of the plan)
4 Check oil level
4 Cross my fingers
5 Test drive
6 Scan the truck with my HP Tuner

//Lennart

·
Premium Member
04 SSR
3,375 Posts
Let us know
Freeze frame is information stored in the computer when the DTC was set.
The purpose is to be able to see how the car was being driven when the code set. This is handy, so that you can drive in the same fashion to replicate the problem.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I see
I will let you know, but it will take until monday, because I got the wrong relay when i picked it up today, so I will not get a new relay until then.
//Lennart

1 - 20 of 20 Posts