Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed today that when I put the top down the volume on the radio automatically increases, when you put it back up it goes back to normal. How smart is that! Maybe they should have the Radio guys take a look at the cooling system.(snicker, snicker, snort) :leaving

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,187 Posts
Smart Radio

:lol :lol :lol
Yeah, and we can turn off the auto volume when we want by simply changing a setting in the radio......
Too bad we can't turn off the auto heating when we want.....

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Up One Level

mikem-2005 said:
Yeah, and we can turn off the auto volume when we want by simply changing a setting in the radio......
Too bad we can't turn off the auto heating when we want.....
I am familar with the auto volume feature and have used it for years as I am a loyal GM customer. But what impressed me about this system is that in addition to the normal "more volume" with speed and increasing noise levels is that they tied it to a microswitch in the roof mechanism so that as the last cover closes the volume goes up a few db before the car ever moves. The process is reversed when putting the top up. They could have just left it like the old AVC but they took it up one level for the SSR. Wonder if any other GM drop tops do that? John317

·
Registered
416 Posts
I've only had my SSR for about a month, but other than the volume going up with the top down (and vice versa); I haven't noticed any volume change relative to speed / ambient noise. (Yes, I've confirmed the AutoVol is set to on.)

Is there some calibration I need to do? The owner's manual isn't clear (to me) on this point.

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Go faster!

JAustin said:
I've only had my SSR for about a month, but other than the volume going up with the top down (and vice versa); I haven't noticed any volume change relative to speed / ambient noise. (Yes, I've confirmed the AutoVol is set to on.)

Is there some calibration I need to do? The owner's manual isn't clear (to me) on this point.
I've noticed a definite increase in volume once you hit 140mph. :lol :lol :lol John317

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
JAustin said:

I have had my dealer tell me that my autovol is working, but I can't hear it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
auto vol

I too only hear the increase when the top goes down, not with speed also. In my Prowler, the volume increases with the speed and road noise through the whole range. When I had the SSR a week, I took it in for a few fixes (another post!) and had them check the auto vol. They told me that there was a bad connection and they fixed that. But the volume does not increase like the Prowler only the one time increase when the top goes down. Not a very good concept!

Wally

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Yes many of us have been over this one too, I also asked them why it didn't work the way my Tahoe does. What do ya know, they didn't know either. So I just deal with it, just like the radio fade problem :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts