Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Now available, Smoke, Yellow, Blue and Clear. Notice: Colored Light Kits are strictly for show-car and off-road use only. Light Protection Products are made from a proprietary, scratch-resistant, urethane material coupled with the strongest optically clear 3M™ adhesive available. Designed for maximum durability, our light covers were originally tested under the harshest of circumstances with amazing results.
With the average cost of replacement head lamps and fog lamps spiraling to nearly $300, it is nice to know that there is a product available to protect your car against the perils of the open road. A 5 year defect warrantee is included.
$28.00 for Colored and $24.00 for clear for our SSR's.
PM me for payment and shipping details.

GR

Attachments

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Ghostrider said:
Now available, Smoke, Yellow, Blue and Clear. Notice: Colored Light Kits are strictly for show-car and off-road use only. Light Protection Products are made from a proprietary, scratch-resistant, urethane material coupled with the strongest optically clear 3M™ adhesive available. Designed for maximum durability, our light covers were originally tested under the harshest of circumstances with amazing results.
With the average cost of replacement head lamps and fog lamps spiraling to nearly $300, it is nice to know that there is a product available to protect your car against the perils of the open road. A 5 year defect warrantee is included.
$28.00 for Colored and $24.00 for clear for our SSR's.
PM me for payment and shipping details.

GR

I think it's funny how the ad says it protects your car against the peril of the open road, but before that says only for show-car and off-road use.

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,100 Posts
WowFctr: The clear ones are ok for the road. The colored ones for strictly show.

If this material is the same or similar to the 3M material used to protect vehicle paint (which ampmop on this board has had installed), it WILL protect the lights from at least moderate rock hits.

I have personally exmained Ampmop's SSR, and unless you KNOW the 3M material is there, and are LOOKING for it, you literlly cannot tell that some portions of the truck have been treated with it (front of hood, fronts of both rear fenders, etc).

3M makes good stuff. These light covers probably ARE inexpensive insurance. The manufacturer replacement part costs for lenses are incredibly high.

Jim G

·
Registered
893 Posts
HUUuuuuu???????

And the next thing is they will tell you it increases RWH by 7.5 hp and increase torque by 13 ftlbs........HUUUUUUUUUUummmmmmmmmmm great stuff..... :willy:

·
OP
8,225 Posts
lights as well

I also had the headlights done with the 3M material JimG mentions while I was having the rest of the truck done.

Oh, and JimG, handle has changed. I dropped the ampm part...

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,100 Posts
OP: I couldn't even tell that those headlights lenses were protected. Nice product and nice application.

Jim G

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
Lens Covers

Buy the Yellow ones and if stopped by police just say IT IS A FRENCH VERVION :cheers

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Furykay said:
Buy the Yellow ones and if stopped by police just say IT IS A FRENCH VERVION :cheers
I doubt that they would stop you for having the yellow or blue, it's still pretty clear and the new Halogen headlite lamps are blue!
It sure makes them look awesome! Blue on the Blue or silver SSR's, Yellow obviously on the yellow, and smoke on anything, especially the black! I'll have smoke on my black one this weekend and post pic's!!
Can't wait!!

GR

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,100 Posts
The use of any shade other than "clear" WILL reduce the actual usable light output of the lights. I'm not saying it' s a showstopper, but it is a reality.

My own marginal night vision makes that unacceptable for me.

Jim G

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's why you upgrade your oem lights to "Plasma Platinum" bulbs, like the "blue" light of the BMW's! Really makes a difference! Not like the Cheap ones on Ebay that don't last, but the top quality Platinum Series, they retail for $69.99 but a group buy is available for $39.50 for a set of two (2) plus shipping. PM me for more details.

GR

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
Ghostrider said:
That's why you upgrade your oem lights to "Plasma Platinum" bulbs, like the "blue" light of the BMW's! Really makes a difference! Not like the Cheap ones on Ebay that don't last, but the top quality Platinum Series, they retail for $69.99 but a group buy is available for $39.50 for a set of two (2) plus shipping. PM me for more details.

GR
How about splurging and going ahead and putting the more details up now? Is it really a secret?

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,780 Posts
How many does it take for a group buy???

P/P

Peace :flag

·
Registered
893 Posts
Question

How many of you get flashed by on comming traffic with you std. lights........I know I get flashed 2 or 3 times .....every time I'm out at night.....and I never drive with my brights..........and if I had the platinums.....gezzzzzzzzzzzz everybody would be flashing.....colors....not for me and I don't think there show stoppers.....but thats just me........ :yawn

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Whitewolf said:
How many of you get flashed by on comming traffic with you std. lights........I know I get flashed 2 or 3 times .....every time I'm out at night.....and I never drive with my brights..........and if I had the platinums.....gezzzzzzzzzzzz everybody would be flashing.....colors....not for me and I don't think there show stoppers.....but thats just me........ :yawn

I have been flashed a couple of times (oh and sometimes when I'm on the road other drivers flash their headlights at me too :jester )

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Focks said:
How about splurging and going ahead and putting the more details up now? Is it really a secret?
Not a secret, the forum owner's don't want me to solicit any sales on their site. So PM me if your interested, they come in many colors!
That is the group buy, I get them at a discount and pass that on to the members.
Not trying to make a $$$ here, just paying for the cost and expenses!
I've got 2 in stock now, I'm putting mine on this weekend with the "smoked" lens covers! cant' wait!!

GR

1 - 18 of 18 Posts