Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Smokin Asphalt 2003 SSr. I would love to put smoked out or very dark tail light and third brakelight lenses on. Does anyone know who may sell them? Or where to get them?
Thanks

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
Tail lights are one piece( can't change just lense). Price for used is over $220 on average. Cleveland -Pick-A-Part may be your best chance at finding used. After you find one, you should keep the old one if it's just lense that is broke. Several members, (Sinister in Florida for one) could use the housing for a custom frenched light, or you could send both to him, and have them both converted to the frenched style. Just a thought.

·
Ex SoCal Nut
9,931 Posts
I have a Smokin Asphalt 2003 SSr. I would love to put smoked out or very dark tail light and third brakelight lenses on. Does anyone know who may sell them? Or where to get them?
Thanks
Go to Transparent Headlight and Tail Light Tint Films
they have smoke by the square foot... around $1.50. Make your own template and follow install instructions. Save a bunch of $....

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,365 Posts
Whoa there Podnah!

Thanks
================
Before you lay down your $$$ you might want to check your local laws regarding the depth of legal tint allowed in your area.

Just a thought. :banghead

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,146 Posts
================
Before you lay down your $$$ you might want to check your local laws regarding the depth of legal tint allowed in your area.

Just a thought. :banghead
Good point. Personally I want mine as bright as possible. Don't want to give the idiot behind me an excuse for plowing into me.

·
Slingshot Rules!
72,505 Posts
Good point. Personally I want mine as bright as possible. Don't want to give the idiot behind me an excuse for plowing into me.
I'LL DRINK TO THAT, Dingbat . . .

Exactly why I switched to Mega-Bright LED's years ago. Our Tail Lights need to be as bright as possible to "wake-up" the Cell Phone Chatters and Texter Idiots.

! :bwekk: ! :hyper: ! :bwekk: ! :hyper: ! :bwekk: !

·
Ex SoCal Nut
9,931 Posts
I'LL DRINK TO THAT, Dingbat . . .

Exactly why I switched to Mega-Bright LED's years ago. Our Tail Lights need to be as bright as possible to "wake-up" the Cell Phone Chatters and Texter Idiots.

! :bwekk: ! :hyper: ! :bwekk: ! :hyper: ! :bwekk: !
ANDDDDD>>>>>> They'll SEE it...Why.....???? :whistling:

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,048 Posts
I'm with you guys. Bright as possible and as many lights as I can get. When people pass a school bus with flashing lights and kids loading or unloading and they say they didn't see the lights, the kids, or the bus, what does that tell you????
Auggie.

·
Ex SoCal Nut
9,931 Posts
I'm with you guys. Bright as possible and as many lights as I can get. When people pass a school bus with flashing lights and kids loading or unloading and they say they didn't see the lights, the kids, or the bus, what does that tell you????
Auggie.
That's RIGHT !!!! You NEED a Slingshot :yellow: Yellow !!!! No Excuses not to see me !!!

·
Daily Driver
8,941 Posts
Auggie.
That tells me they're lying their butt off. It may not register because their brain was at the dry cleaners, but they saw it. ;)

·
Ex SoCal Nut
9,931 Posts
It all boils down to searching your DMV lighting regs for your vehicle and having a copy ready. Even if it's a grey area, be nice and explain that it's Your interpretation of the vehicle code. I tinted headlights yellow in late '05 and have only been challenged once since then. Even tho I moved from Cali to Az. I have not had an issue since early '06. Both states say that "Front facing lights Will be white or yellow", with No statement whether or not they are headlights or fog lights.. (My interpretation on that...I would agree to remove them if it comes to an issue) My tail lights have the med tint and have a "Y" & a "B" on either lens. No issues since that was done in '09. Stay under the radar and be courteous if stopped, and there should be no problems. (again, I would agree to remove if it became an issue). They should have bigger fish to fry, unless you want to be "the fish"... Afterall.... "The severity of thy fine is commiserate with thy attitude..."

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks
I got a pair of smoked taillights for sale. If you interested just PM me. I had them blacked out since 2006 and never had a problem with the law. I left my 3rd brake light red so they wont have an excuse about seeing me brake... Im just trying to get something more custom so I dont have use for them. thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts