Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning a trip to Wisconsin from Michigan tomorrow and there is a chance that it might snow while we are there. I have been storing it all winter and am really dying to drive it. I have not driven in the snow before and am wondering who has and how it handles and what should I expect.

Thanks for the info.

·
Enjoying life as it comes
5,201 Posts
from what part to.....

what part?

Lower Wisconson isn't supposed to get snow until after mid night Wednsday and through Thursday (3-6" called for so far, but it's not usaully accurate).

Upper Wisconsin was supposed to be getting snow already tonight. Don't know how much or how long it's supposed to keep snowing up there though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sad bags

I drive my little sailor daily rain snow or shine. I have found that the wide tires and ample power are not as good for the snow as on the dry. I have put two hundred pounds of sand in the back and it gets around great. As with anything you need to slow down and look out for the crazys out there when it snows. We just got six inches and have 15 more on the way tomarrow.

Good luck from Wyoming.
:cool

·
Registered
158 Posts
lots of slop

It started snow last night and continued through the morning. Lots of heavy wet stuff and the highway crews poured lots of salt down.

Where in Wisconsin? Friday through Sunday I'll be making a run to Wausau. If you're going to be up this neck of the woods drop me a line.

kroozn

·
Registered
740 Posts
It doesn't do too bad. It's a bit hard to get moving sometimes because of the power, but I've noticed other pickups start sliding around before I do.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. I will be around the MIlwaukee area for my friends wedding and he just emailed me and said he advises a 4 wheel vehicle so i might have to keep my pride and joy in the garage a little bit longer. It will probably be a last minute decision on which car I do take.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts