Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well who would have thunk it, but we have almost 2 inches of snow today. I hear Houtex will get Ice, take it easy and have a safe and unevenetful Holiay! :cheers I backed slingshot of the garage for a couple of quick pics in the snow. But not brave enough to drive around. :lol

·
Registered
407 Posts
Machell,

20" REARS, TRACTION CONTROL, AND WHAT....CLOSE TO 5000 POUNDS IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY (with passenger).

GO FOR IT!

Rick

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am still in the baby stages not taking any chances, besides Texas drivers freak out when it rains, sleets, and snows. I know I can handle it and so can the SSR but not these Tx drivers, I will save it for dryer conditions. lol:

·
Registered
137 Posts
SSR in Snow

The SSR handles very well in the snow. Had it out last month after a fresh 7 inches fell. Even on roads that had yet to see a plow the SSR got around without a problem. The only trouble is if you are on ice. Even in low gear with the traction control those big back tires search for grip.

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
snow

wildcat66 said:
I had to use the 35mm camera, the digital cameras memory stick is broke. I will post as soon as I get them developed.
Hey 'Cat - we had SNOW -- about a quarter inch, but who cares. I was born and raised in the stuff - just do everything EASY - no jumping on gas, brakes, anything and you'll be all right. Gotta go pick mine up at the dealer now.

·
Registered
137 Posts
We had about 8-10 inches up here in New England last night. Left the baby at home and took the trailblazer in. :cuss

B

·
0 Posts
Somebody mention snow- Dont keep that top up

Even with snow and cooler weather you dont have to put the top up all winter. Use a Windbaffle wind deflector. It is the perfect New Years Surprise Gift!!
Call for Snow Storm Special pricing !

And it installs or is easily removed and stows away in seconds.
:party

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
Garage

Buffy said:
DANG! We can afford an SSR, but not a garage? HA! :glol
It's a matter of too many toys. I'm into woodworking and haven't had a "garage" (ie; a place to park a car) in years. To add to the problem - I started doing golf club building and repair some years ago. That stuff's all in the middle of the woodworking equipment. None of it's business related - sometimes I just make sawdust.

Besides - if I parked it inside - we wouldn't have this snow covered SSR shot.

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
houtex said:
Besides - if I parked it inside - we wouldn't have this snow covered SSR shot.
That's right. Houtex, I am just happy that you enjoy yours as much as I do mine. 6 weeks and 4,000 miles. Now, once the novelty wears off, I'm sure that we'll take our "old car" on our short trips, but the SSR is just too much fun to leave at home!

·
Premium Member
9,216 Posts
Novelty wearing off.

Ain't gonna happen, Buffy

I'm at 23000 miles, and couldn't wait to get going again each morning during a 3 week holiday in November. Now I have to suffer through 6 months with no driving, just the odd warm-up in the yard. Can't wait to get going again.

Ray

1 - 17 of 17 Posts