1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
9,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A NEW So Cal Fanatic Social Event

:party :party :party :party

SSR Fanatics and Friends let's get together for a leisurely picnic and a chance to show off our beautiful :ssr babies to folks that don't see them much ! Let's make this even BIGGER than the great turn-out in Corona...outdo Irwindale!!! PLUS - take your :ssr on a nostalgic 17 mile ride along old Route 66!

WHEN: Saturday - October 15, 2005 11:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. or later

WHERE: North Beach @ Silverlakes, CA in the Helendale area of the High Desert (directions later)OK...having a little difficulty w/directions. Mapquest wants to put you on a road YOU DO NOT WANT TO GO ON!!! And since the beach doesn't have an "actual" address, a map is not the answer. Looks like we will have to meet up in Victorville and either Eric (ECurtis) or I will lead the parade out here. Will post seperate thread re directions. For any of you North LA County folks, PM me and we can get you here the back way...via Hwy 58 to 395.. Nice beach with grassy area along a residential community lake with plenty of off-street parking for the :ssr but visible to the locals.

ACTIVITIES: Music, games, food, raffles and 50/50 drawing to benefit the Helendale School Foundation. (If anyone would like to donate to raffle please PM me for non-profit, tax deductible # and/or donation letter from foundation)Seems the foundation people are a bit dense...so we may not be having any stuff to benefit them...but we're gonna have fun anyway and probably won't spend as much money!!!!

FOOD AND DRINK: Potluck - picnic style. Eric (ECurtis) will be tracking food and who will bring what. Please PM him or post on this thread what you can/will bring. BBQs are available along with a shaded picnic area with tables and benches.

WHAT TO BRING: Your :ssr , your honey, EZ-ups if you have them, chairs, food, drink, name tags, and plenty of conversation!

Lloyd (lloger) will be monitoring this thread for those who do not have name tags. So, as you sign up to go, please, give your name, forum name, who you are bringing, and their relationship to you.

:party SEE YOU THERE

1) Randi (Artsmart) & Tim
2) Eric (ECurtis)
3) Lloyd (lloger) & Gerry
4) Tony (crazyrtr53) & Judy
5) Brandy (CNC DUDE) & Susan w/daughters Heather, Olivia, & Makayla
6) Ross
7) Bill (SoCalBill) & Jolene
8) Art (hdflstf), Lucky & Stitch
9) Fred (FredEdick) & Annette - at least for a visit
10) Autodan
11) Jesse (Redwingflier) & Olivia - at least for a visit
12) Doug (Pushrods4ever) & Sandy
13) Bob (Parrotbobssr)
14) Charlie (SOG1225)
15) Gary (WearyEagle)
16) ??? - per Gary

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
I'll post first

WILL BE THERE !!!!

Randi you are going to let your step- brother be in charge of the food :glol :glol :glol

See you then!!!

:seeya
Tony

·
Registered
33 Posts
Silver Lake........10/15/05

We'll be there (and I am pretty sure Ken, Tina and Mathew Thurm will be there- too - they're travelin' at the present) Lookin' foward to it. Thanks, Sheila and Jeff a/k/a TALLNLA

·
Registered
579 Posts
Southern California Social Event -POTLUCK FOOD!

THANKS Lloyd and Gerry!

SSR FANATICS! :party

As, sister Randi (Artsmart) said we are going to have one incredible blow-out event at Silverslakes in the High Desert on October 15! It will also be a fundraiser and a potluck.

So everyone please bring something from one of the categories below: Please bring enough for at least (5) people. Now: There are also barbecues for those of you who want to barbecue hot dogs and hambergers. So without further adieu, here is what is needed. Also I will start it off. Also everyone should bring their own alcoholic beverages, but bring non-alcoholic beverages to share.

Categories:

Entrees (Main Dishes):

1) Delicious Cold Cut Platter with Cheese (Enough for 20 people)-ECurtis
2) Hot Dogs for bargecuing (Enough for 20 people)-ECurtis
3) Carne Asada (Jim&Kat-Jimkat)
4) Marinated beef ribs - very similar to kalbe (Korean BBQ)-(hdflstf)

Side Dishes (They get in the way of the main course! :glol )

1) Baked Beans (CNC Dude Brandy)
2) Fruit and Cheese for 20 (ECurtis)
3) Delicious Fried Rice (Art, Lucky and Stitch-hdflstf)

Salads (Great for a balanced diet :yesnod )

1) Potato Salad (CNC Dude-Brandy)
2) Smokin Potato Salad (Jim&Kat-JimKat)
3) Big Green Saad with Lots O' Goodies (Jolene & Bill Gaughey (SoCaBill)

Desserts (The best part of any meal :agree :glol )

1) Eric's rendition of Karen's Famous Cherry Delicious-YUM (Thanks Karen!)-ECurtis
2) Special Cake (Mystery Cake!! Yeah!!!)-Crazyrtr53 (Tony)
3)

Drinks-Need Non-Alcoholic but if you want Alcoholic you should bring your own-(No getting :smash)

1) Sodas (Regular and Diet) and Water-Randi (Artsmart)
2)
3)

Snack Food (Chips, Dips, etc :lurk)

1) Tortilla Chips, Salsa and Dip (Lloyd and Gerry-Lloger)
2) Tortilla Chips-Randi (Artsmart)
3)

Incidentals (Very Important Can't do without these: Charcoal, eating utensils, paper plates, paper towels, napkins, foil, cups, lots of large trash bags and lots and lots of ice)

1) Napkins, plasticware, paper plates and cups for all who attend (Lloyd and
Gerry-Lloger)
2) Ice (Jim&Kat-Jimkat)
3) Propane Barbecue (Jim&Kat-JimKat)
4) Mustard, Ketcup-Randi (Artsmart)

Now, there will not be any electical sources so there is no way to heat things electically (unless you do so using the SSR's outlets).

Also remember everybody clean up after themselves.

Also I would love to have at least (35) SSR's! How about it? How about twice that? Wouldn't that be great!!! It would be our own version of the Dream Cruise!

Now I am also investigating the following and will post later once I know more. Also if anyone has any contacts on specialties in this these areas and would like to help please P.M. me. Randi (Sis) and I would like a lot of involement

Areas Being Investigated:

A) Discount Hotel Rates for Those Thinking of Staying Over from Friday to Saturday
B) Group Dinner at a Restaurant (Roadhouse or Greentree Inn Restaurant, Olive
Garden, etc) on Friday Night.
C) Media Coverage (Maybe Y102 Radio Station in the High Desert-Will need a lot
of SSR's in order to possibly pull this off)

That's it for now!

Please sign up so that we know how many to expect. Also if I can tell Y102 that we will have (50) SSR's then they might send someone!

:seeya E :seeya

Orange SSR :ssr

·
Resident Rocket Scientist
11,997 Posts
Can't Make It

I'll be at Irwindale doing the Parade Lap in my other 'ride' unless something goes terribly wrong at the Sept 11 autocross...

Have fun out there :thumbs

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
9,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hdflstf said:
I'll be at Irwindale doing the Parade Lap in my other 'ride' unless something goes terribly wrong at the Sept 11 autocross...

Have fun out there :thumbs
Will miss having you with us but have a great time @ Irwindale... :seeya next time :)

·
Registered
487 Posts
Oh Nooooooooooo!!!

Sorry All,

I may not be able to be there after all. :mad

It was announced this morning that my Once-a-year continuing education class will be taught by one of my favorite Christian Music composers. I found out this morning that the class is only offered October 15th :mad

Because of who is teaching this class, I won't know until this Sunday if my pre-registration will be accepted. (I signed up at the end of last year)

If I get bumped by more tenured Music Ministers, then I will be at the rally. I’ll keep you posted.

Joe Davis
StepPrinting.com

·
Registered
579 Posts
We Now Have Delicious Macaroni Salad!

Guys and Gals

We now have delicious Macaroni Salad for the event :thumbs

Thanks Lloyd and Gerry!

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
9,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
StepPrinting said:
Sorry All,
Joe Davis
StepPrinting.com
No problem Joe, it never fails that something else will come up when there is an event we want to attend. There will be plenty of room so if you can make it at the last minute...come on up! Enjoy the class. :)

To all: plenty of room on the beach...don't worry about last minute sign-ups, one of the reasons we posted so early was to give everyone ample opportunity to make arrangements to be here.
:party

·
Registered
10 Posts
Count Us Innnnn

HI ARTSMART AND ECURTIS
FINALLY GOT TO LOG IN. WOW YOU GUYS GOT IT GOING ON UP HERE IN GODS COUNTRY. MY SELF MY GIRLS POSSIBLY MY WIFE WILL BE THERE. LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED ME TO DO ANYTHING. WE WILL BE BRINGING SIDE DISHES BAKED BEANS AND POTATO SALAD.
YOU GUYS AND GALS ARE AWESOM. :cool

SEE YOU ALL THERE
CNC DUDE

PS I WILL HAVE MY BLOWNNNNNNN ASPHALT SOON. YHOOOO :ssr

·
Registered
579 Posts
More Food!!!! YEAH!!!

More Food!!! YEAH!!!

Thanks Brandy (CNC Dude) look forward to seening you and the family!

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
9,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
CNC DUDE said:
HI ARTSMART AND ECURTIS
FINALLY GOT TO LOG IN. WOW YOU GUYS GOT IT GOING ON UP HERE IN GODS COUNTRY. MY SELF MY GIRLS POSSIBLY MY WIFE WILL BE THERE. LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED ME TO DO ANYTHING. WE WILL BE BRINGING SIDE DISHES BAKED BEANS AND POTATO SALAD.
YOU GUYS AND GALS ARE AWESOM. :cool

SEE YOU ALL THERE
CNC DUDE

PS I WILL HAVE MY BLOWNNNNNNN ASPHALT SOON. YHOOOO :ssr
Great that you're gonna be here Brandy...but I need names, names, names! Sorry, haven't met your better half...so I need NAMES (for Lloyd to make badges).
:seeya soon!!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
names for badges

artsmart said:
Great that you're gonna be here Brandy...but I need names, names, names! Sorry, haven't met your better half...so I need NAMES (for Lloyd to make badges).
:seeya soon!!!!
My better half Susan Oldest daughter Heather youngest daughter Makayla middle daughter Olivia has a badge.
Thank you Randi, Eric, Lloyd you guys are GREAT. :thumbs
Brandy (CNC DUDE)

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
This thread needs to be bumped back to the top. This is the next event for all that was with us at todays Mystery Run :thumbs

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
9,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Right, you are, Tony

Thanks for the bump up...this event isn't getting too much attention as yet but we still have 3 weeks and counting...haven't heard from Jeff (TALLNA) and don't know if he will still be coming even tho some SOB took his pretty baby :ssr , I'm sure he has more important things on his mind. Thinking of some contingency plans in case we don't need such a big site but waiting to hear from my Bro, Eric :boxing

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hesperia

:seeya Hi Guys Enjoyed our Beach run. Was gonna go to Miramar,but would rather look @SSRS than Airplanes LOL! Count US IN [email protected] KAT I have a new barbecue I haven"t taken out of box Portable Propane Sits on table looks like a small rocketship I thought My Smokin Potato Salad Carni asada ICE ETC Look forward to this We have to get every one esprecially the radio station :seeya Soon JIMKAT

1 - 20 of 113 Posts