Chevy SSR Forum banner

So Cal Owners - Local Dealership- Showing SEMA SSR Enduro

1K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  Ken Thurm 
#1 ·
If your out on your Sunday drive in So Cal..............

The Detroit Enduro SSR (from the SEMA Show "Detroit Locker") will be showing for public display at:

Connell Chevrolet
2828 Harbor Blvd
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Orange County

From Sunday November 28, 2004 (after 12:00 noon) to Monday Evening.
They are big fans of the SSR and the Corvette, and have great deals.

If you would like to see this car and its Sassy Styling Package in person - this is a great opportunity! We had her there for a quick visit to look at the 05's and it was a whole lot of fun :) There were some new owners picking theirs up and some owners that already have their beauty! :grouphug
The Styling on the Enduro invited quite a group of enthusiasts, so we thought it would be a fun idea to leave her there for others to have the opportunity as well.

We received lots of input, "Sexy n Sassy", "New Attitude", "New Bite", "Sleek", "Fast" and "Now that's Hot" - if anyone of the new members here were one of the persons we met that day..........Thanks A Bunch! It makes the hard work worth it!! :) Glad to see you came to the site!

The PCH is a great beach cruise route to reach the area! They are easy to get to from local freeways as well - as simple as the 405 or the 5!

Enduro SEMA clik here
Photo Links -clik on the photos

Happy Cruising!

See less See more
#3 ·
Pics ?

Hey Ken all sounds great always looking for ideas and places that take these ideas to the extreme so one question where are your pics LOL would really like to see some of that custom work and maybe throw in the people doing the work just a curious SSR Owner Thanks Doug. :party

#6 ·
Nice, Ken

Ken,

I'm not one to compliment a lot of the mods I see here and I am not a big fan of over-chroming, but you did a great job. I really like what you've done. How do you open the doors from outside?

One little tip...the "S" in the SSR logo is not rotatable (looks different upside down).

#8 ·
Thanks a lot! Nice of you to take the time to comment. The doors open with electric selenoids, remotely. I am not happt with the logo either, they are so small it was hard to get it close. Thinking about cutting them out and putting one larger one that would be the same size as bothe strips. Anyway thanks again for your nice comments.
Ken

#9 ·
Hey Ken Nice Job

Well i asked you for some pics and damm what a nice job you did iv,e always been into chrome with my Harleys like they say Chrome gets you home ha ha anyway sending mine down for you to get started on lol Thanks for the pics Ken you got it going on.Doug :thumbs

#10 ·
Help me out Ken

Well now looks like you lowered yours? what way did you go.also the shaved doors who or how did that work out we have a guy has his SSR in Southern Ca getting his done somewhere.The taillights are bad to but it all really just looks awesome now need the facts lol always looking and learning Doug. :thumbs

#11 ·
Thanks for your comments, I'am sure my tastes arn't for everyone, but it's nice to know a few people like it. I am also into Harleys. I own Kendon Ind. Inc. (Kendontrailers.com) and K.T. componets, after maket Harley parts. As for as the lowering goes I turned the upper ball joint over and made a new upper control arm, and shock stand. You have to trim the crush box in the fender well for tire clearance. I bought a shaved door handle kit from a company called Autoloc.com . It's a nice kit, 6 functions Put my windows down and open my rear cover remotely and doors. Thanks again for your nice comments. Ken

#12 ·
Ken's Mods

Wow! You are very creative! That sounds like a lot more work that you have planned! Mods are a great way to enhance the features of this car and show that there is so much more that can be done! Gives everyone some new ideas!
GM loves to see this kind of enthusiasm and vision - it assures them that this vehicle is a hit! :)

The SSR has soooo many awesome body features to accentuate!
It's great to see that you really enjoy making your SSR stand out.
Im sure you'll definately turn heads this year!! :thumbs

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.