Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, the Allstate adjuster says it's only a two seater, so I only qualify for a compact rental while my SSR is in the shop.

See, it seems they go by seating area. :lol

Lady hits me at less than 5 miles per hour, my ssr is in the shop for at least a week. grrrrrrr
 

·
Growing Older but Not Up
Joined
·
1,350 Posts
dougnc said:
So, the Allstate adjuster says it's only a two seater, so I only qualify for a compact rental while my SSR is in the shop.

See, it seems they go by seating area. :lol

Lady hits me at less than 5 miles per hour, my ssr is in the shop for at least a week. grrrrrrr
Easy Big Fella......
 

·
I DO WINDOWS
Joined
·
8,830 Posts
...

INSURENCE is cheaper on the SSR than my wife's PT. Go figure that one out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
REBEL said:
INSURENCE is cheaper on the SSR than my wife's PT. Go figure that one out.
I just told you! It's only got two seats! Allstate says it's a compact!

:lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Rental Cars

I'd be afraid to ask about a rental car for the Cruiser. Rebel isn't alone about insurance costs. I got my latest insurance bill, the PT cruiser was $$$$ more than the SSR. I called to see if I was missing something, seems Cruisers have more damage in accidents and are harder to fix. leading to some statisical calculation that increases my insurance. OBTW both are 2003s. I think I'll stay with the SSR :)

Kim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,502 Posts
dougnc said:
So, the Allstate adjuster says it's only a two seater, so I only qualify for a compact rental while my SSR is in the shop.

See, it seems they go by seating area. :lol

Lady hits me at less than 5 miles per hour, my ssr is in the shop for at least a week. grrrrrrr
Tell them "If it's only a 2 seater, Then you want a rental with only 2 seats!" Lets see what they come up with then. :boxing
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
137 Posts
dougnc said:
I just told you! It's only got two seats! Allstate says it's a compact!

:lol
My insurance company says a 2 seater for a 2 seater also. I always just take the Vette. That works for me. ;)
 
R

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
I think there is a big market for cruiser parts, so there is incentive to rip them off., which increases insurance. Along with the high cost of collision repairs. There is no incentive to steal an SSR other than kids taking a joy ride There is no market for parts on such a limited production unit. Parts may go up for us 7+ years after they quit making SSR's, but that's a different market.

Allstate thought a Ford Lightning was just an F-150, worked for me. My current bill went up $5 month from a 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 4X4 short bed, crew cab, Cummins diesel truck. I'm 48, i think I pay about 100/month for the SSR.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
redheaded willi said:
I'd be afraid to ask about a rental car for the Cruiser. Rebel isn't alone about insurance costs. I got my latest insurance bill, the PT cruiser was $$$$ more than the SSR. I called to see if I was missing something, seems Cruisers have more damage in accidents and are harder to fix. leading to some statisical calculation that increases my insurance. OBTW both are 2003s. I think I'll stay with the SSR :)

Kim
Well, the PT Cruiser is probably made as flimsy as the SSR. It's going to cost the insurance company $1500 to 2 grand to fix someone tapping my rear end at less than 5 mph. These enormous repair costs for something that's going to happen a lot is obviously going to reflect on our insurance rates.

They probably class the SSR along with pickups. Pickups usually have bumpers, as who the hell is going to want to spend 2 grand everytime they back up a bit hard to a loading dock?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
416 Posts
Another reason why:

... insurance rates are so high (at least in Texas): one out of every three vehicles on the road is uninsured.

But, of course, we can't enforce our borders, that's not being neighborly. And we can't punish those who break the law, that'd injure their self-esteem.

God help us.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top