Chevy SSR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
SSR Enthusiast
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I owned a black SSR from 2008 to 2012 and this SSR from 2012 to now. It's going to be strange not having one after so long but I am moving over to a Corvette and can't justify an additional two seater.

2005 LS2 Supercharged 6.0 SSR – (with over $15k in upgrades) Priced to Move at Only $23,995

My Automatic SSR has 57k miles; therefore, this isn’t a garage queen and I have never taken a toothbrush to the engine bay. I always keep up with wash/wax/shine and my friends/family can’t believe it is a 2005 vehicle.

This custom flamed SSR is loud and purposely sounds like the 1969 Camaro SS my dad once owned. A simple change to conventional mufflers (vs modern glass packs) would easily quite it down to a bit over stock, certainly an option for the new owner.

The SSR has the carpeted bed with the yellow strips and every option that was available except for the interior chrome package.

Leading Edge Performance (LEP) in Las Vegas installed the following:
  • Magnusson Supercharger
  • Custom SSR Cam,
  • Upgraded Valve Springs, and Upgraded Pushrods
  • Kooks Long Tube Headers with True Duals via 3” stainless pipes and chrome tips.
  • 4:11 Rear Gears.
This dyno tuned combination equals 521HP that puts a smile on your face with a turn of the key while managing 19+ MPG on the highway...
The entire truck is setup for longevity, driving, and/or road trips.

Additional Options
(I am sure I’m forgetting some):
  • The console Auxiliary Gauges were converted from analog to LED
  • (Volt/Outside Temp/Torque) to LED (Volts/Boost/SC Coolant Temp)
  • Tucked Running Boards
  • Simple Engineering Fans
  • Simple Engineering Stiffening Plate
  • Simple Engineering ABS Shield
  • Simple Engineering Rear TBSS Cross Member
  • Dictator’s Shift Linkage
  • New LH & RH Upper / Lower Control Arms / Ball Joints (12/31/19)
  • Simple Engineering Front Struts / Alignment (12/31/19)
  • New windshield - Replaced due to a unsightly rock chip (01/03/2020)
  • New Instrument Cluster Step Motors Installed (01/13/2020)
Upgraded Advanced Audio System:
  • Pioneer Navigation Double Din Head Unit including: Bluetooth, front loading SD Card slot (for thousands of songs), microphone/hands free Phone Integration, HD radio, DVD / CD, and App Play (stuff I don't know anything about, I simply have 50 albums on a SD card and a couple HD concert DVDs and CDs).
  • 9 Speakers including:
  • High-End Focal PS165 Expert Speakers (four 6.5" and 4 Tweeters – Doors and Behind the Seats),
  • 1 Kenwood Compact Powered Sub
  • 1 6ch AMP
Items Purchased and including but not currently installed:
  • Simple Engineering Lower Radiator Support
  • Simple Engineering Metal cross member front license plate bracket
Miscellaneous Items Included (not needed but I have them):
  • Spare Coolant Reservoir
  • Spare LH Interior Door Handle
  • Spare Coolant Fan
  • LED Headlight Conversion Kit
  • Misc odds and ends collected from years of owning two SSRs (soft SSR embroidered saddle bags, car cover, 2 cargo bed cross bars with nets, spare tire/rim, spare ignition switch, spare belts, spare flasher, and More.
Email: [email protected]
Owner/Contact: David Wimer (Message and/or Email for phone number)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
A nice looking truck and a very well written for sale ad. Good luck on your sale and your new adventures with the Corvette.

·
SSR Enthusiast
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A nice looking truck and a very well written for sale ad. Good luck on your sale and your new adventures with the Corvette.
Thanks, I put the cart in front of the horse a bit with a great deal on a C7.
Not desperate (financially) for the sale but I didn't care for it to take too long either; someone will get a hell of a lot of truck.

·
SSR Enthusiast
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Updated Posting, the following items being installed now:
New LH & RH Upper & Lower Control Arms, Ball Joints, Etc (12/31/19)
New Simple Engineering Front Struts (12/31/19)

·
Trygodfirst
706 Posts
I owned a black SSR from 2008 to 2012 and this SSR from 2012 to now. It's going to be strange not having one after so long but I am moving over to a Corvette and can't justify an additional two seater.

2005 LS2 Surcharged 6.0 SSR – (with over $15k in upgrades) Priced to Move at Only $25,000

My Automatic SSR has 57k miles; therefore, this isn’t a garage queen and I have never taken a toothbrush to the engine bay. I always keep up with wash/wax/shine and my friends/family can’t believe it is a 2005 vehicle.

This custom flamed SSR is loud and purposely sounds like the 1969 Camaro SS my dad once owned. A simple change to conventional mufflers (vs modern glass packs) would easily quite it down to a bit over stock, certainly an option for the new owner.

The SSR has the carpeted bed with the yellow strips and every option that was available except for the interior chrome package.

Leading Edge Performance (LEP) in Las Vegas installed the following:
  • Magnusson Supercharger
  • Custom SSR Cam,
  • Upgraded Valve Springs, and Upgraded Pushrods
  • Kooks Long Tube Headers with True Duals via 3” stainless pipes and chrome tips.
  • 4:11 Rear Gears.
This equals 521HP at the Wheels with the boost is conservative at 7 PSI, I never felt like I needed to push for more, it is a heavy truck, not a race car.

Additional Options (I am sure I’m forgetting some):
  • The console Auxiliary Gauges were converted from analog to LED
  • (Volt/Outside Temp/Torque) to LED (Volts/Boost/SC Coolant Temp)
  • Tucked Running Boards
  • Simple Engineering Fans
  • Simple Engineering Stiffening Plate
  • Simple Engineering ABS Shield
  • Simple Engineering Rear TBSS Cross Member
  • Dictator’s Shift Linkage
  • New LH & RH Upper / Lower Control Arms / Ball Joints (12/31/19)
  • Simple Engineering Front Struts / Alignment (12/31/19)
  • New windshield - Replaced due to a unsightly rock chip (01/03/2020)
Upgraded Audio System:
  • Pioneer Navigation, Bluetooth, SC Card, USB, DVD Head Unit
  • 9 Speakers including:
  • 4 Focal 6.5” Speakers (two pairs – Doors and Rear),
  • 4 Focal 1" Tweeters (two pairs – Doors and Rear - Behind the Seats),
  • 1 Kenwood Compact Powered Sub
  • 1 6ch AMP
Items Purchased and including but not currently installed:
  • Simple Engineering Lower Radiator Support
  • Step Motors – Haven’t needed them yet but I knew I would
  • Simple Engineering Metal cross member front license plate bracket
Miscellaneous Items Included (not needed but I have them):
  • Spare Coolant Reservoir
  • Spare LH Interior Door Handle
  • Spare Coolant Fan
  • HID Headlight Conversion Kit
  • Misc odds and ends collected from years of owning two SSRs
Email: [email protected]
Owner/Contact: David Wimer (Message and/or Email for phone number)
If I could ask
How many miles on the new cam and valve springs

·
SSR Enthusiast
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
If I could ask
How many miles on the new cam and valve springs
This isn't a new build, it is tried and true.
The upgraded push rods, cam, and valve springs were all install during the Magnusson supercharger install around 10k miles. The miles on the SSR are due to nearly 3 years of it being a daily driver for my highway work commute before buying a Chevy Avalanche to split mile with.
I have the HP Tuning hardware and software with the ability to monitor and test everything; this thing is extremely robust.
The only reason it is for sale is to recover some of the cost towards the Corvette I just purchased, as we do not need multiple 2 seaters.
Additionally, I have a boat so I need to keep the Avalanche.

Attachments

·
Registered
516 Posts
This isn't a new build, it is tried and true.
The upgraded push rods, cam, and valve springs were all install during the Magnusson supercharger install around 10k miles. The miles are due to nearly 3 years of it being a daily driver for my highway work commute before buying a Chevy Avalanche to split mile with.
I have the HP Tuning hardware and software with the ability to monitor and test everything; this thing is extremely robust.
The only reason it is for sale is to recover some of the cost towards the Corvette I just purchased, as we do not need multiple 2 seaters.
Additionally, I have a boat so I need to keep the Avalanche.
Does it sound like your black one. I might of listened to that clip 50 times.

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
5,959 Posts
Sweet mother of ............... that thing sounds crazy nice. I'm sure I would be in jail after a day of driving that around town ......

·
SSR Enthusiast
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sweet mother of ............... that thing sounds crazy nice. I'm sure I would be in jail after a day of driving that around town ......
LOL, it isn't overly crazy at what most would call normal driving; I have heard several Mustangs with a louder highway speed bark. However, when you put your foot down, it will wake up and cause a smile that would be a dead give away.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.